Birds of a Feather - Chapter 2: Sweden...Bikini teams and me

Dieter 2002-06-07 18:22:45
Sizing up the situation, Artis hops into the driver's seat of the Mercedes and goes to hotwire it...but there's no need since the Doc left the key in the iginition.
Dieter 2002-06-07 18:25:19
What a nice guy... I think to myself.

*VROOM*

"Let's go guys!"
Dieter 2002-06-07 18:35:59
Artis peels out of the driveway and out on to the main road. Seeing which way the cops are coming, he unanimously decides the other way is the better course of action.

Fortunately for the team, the Mercedes was probably the better choice (like they had one). Artis flies down the road at a hurried clip.
Gatac 2002-06-07 19:29:02
Jessica tries to make herself comfortable on the backseat, but the searing pain disrupts any illusion that she could stay quiet and not bother anyone. As another cough shakes her and she finds traces of blood on her hand, she begins to panic slightly, which isn't helped any by the message.

"Art, did you read that ? Shrike said we're to return..."

Any further attempt at speech proves futile as she goes on coughing, worrying how bad she really got hit.
Gatac 2002-06-07 19:44:45
I bring the Benz to a gravel-sliding halt, then proceed back to the villa. We've ALL been shot, and even if we're arrested they'll give us medical attention...
Dieter 2002-06-07 19:59:09
Proceeding back to the Villa, it looks like the end scene of Lethal Weapon 1. Police cars are strewn here and there with assorted ambulances and firetrucks for good measure. The Federales look like they're putting up some tape to seal off the crime scene from on-lookers.

A man fitting Nightengale's description and wearing a windbreaker with "CSI" written in yellow letters on the back is just beyond the police line, he's talking to a burly looking man in a bad suit.
Dieter 2002-06-07 22:30:29
I pull the car up to this Nightingale guy, roll the window down, and get his attention. "Hey! I... we need medical attention right now!"
Dieter 2002-06-07 23:07:11
The Federale in the bad suit moves for his pistol, but Nightengale holds up his hand and says something to him. The Federale gives Artis a funny look, but starts walking over to the Villa. Nightengale crosses under the police line and steps up to Artis.

"You must be Goose. You and your colleagues have stirred up quite a bit of trouble in your limited time in the experience. (grins) Reminds me of the good old days when you knew who your enemies were. Anyway, I digress. (looks inside the Mercedes) I have two ambulances standing by to take you to a local hospital. Follow me over."

Artis pulls the Mercedes over to a cul de sac area of the neighborhood where the two ambulances are waiting. Nightengale jestures to the occupants and they go into action. They pull out gurnies and med-kits and hustle over to the Mercedes, each taking a side of the car.

When the open the doors, they have the same reactions.

"Aye! Madre dios! What happened?! Nevermind...we'll have you guys to the hospital in a jiffy."

The EMT's triage the teams' wounds, stabilizing everyone in preparance for the ride to the hospital.

Twenty minutes of full-throttle acceleration and everyone arrives at the hospital...Hospital del Corazon Asustado. Everyone is wheeled through the main E.R. entrance, but are quickly diverted by Nightengale to an elevator. Moments later the elevator opens to a sterile looking trauma center with a host of nurses and doctors standing by. Unlike most hospitals, everyone seems to team off and take one person to examine, poke, prod..etc.

Nightengale approaches each person telling them that they're in good hands now and to relax. He has a few calls to make but assures everyone he'll be back soon.

About an hour later as everyone is sutured, stapled, and bandaged back together, Nightengale enters the room. He gathers everyone around and starts talking.

"First off, my apologies for keeping you waiting. Secondly, when I get through with Kyle, I'm going to make sure he's manning a radar station in Greenland. What an incompetent! I don't know what Mason sees in him...but I digress. Let me formally introduce myself. I'm Michael Philpott, acting director of Iberian operations. I must congratulate you all for surviving what could most likely be described as a futile endeavor. I can't explain why Mason would choose, pardon the terminology, rookies to do this job when season veterans would be lucky to sitting where you are right now. Regardless, there are obvious leaks in our intelligence network and I humbly apologize for almost making your team have the briefest stint in the history of The Agency. After you recouperate, we'll talk again. The duty nurse will be able to provide you with clothing and such while you mend here at the hospital."
Gatac 2002-06-07 23:11:55
Jessica struggles to find some descriptive words to illustrate her gratefullness for the rescue, but it only comes out as "Thanks."
Gatac 2002-06-07 23:22:59
"Thank God there's someone who's on top of things..." I manage, realizing that it hurts worse now that the adrenaline's worn off.
Dieter 2002-06-07 23:24:40
(In a paternal kind of way)

That was a rather nasty cluster of gunshots you took back there. It's a good thing you only suffered a few glass cuts on your face. The doctors tells me that they should heal nicely and without any cosmetic surgery.
Dieter 2002-06-07 23:32:48
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 4:22 pm on June 7, 2002
"Thank God there's someone who's on top of things..." I manage, realizing that it hurts worse now that the adrenaline's worn off.

Philpott turns to Artis.

"Yes, they always are a bit nastier after the fact, aren't they? It'll pass in time. I've all made sure you are given full medical leave plus a week extra of vacation. To hell with Mason. Additionally, I was wondering if you and your team would like to join up with me for a jaunt or two. As part of the deal, your probationary status as rookies would be nullified and you'd all be full agents.
Before you make your decision, I want you to know that whatever danger you've faced before, it will only be the tip of the iceberg where we're going...that is, if you decide to join me."
Gatac 2002-06-07 23:36:08
"Hey, not walking out of a job on my own two legs kinda comes with the territory, and we all knew that when we signed up. Count me in if you've got use for a pretty face..."
Gatac 2002-06-07 23:42:56
"Wait a minute. What do we tell Mason? 'Your people are corrupt, incompetent, and leaky as a sieve - We quit'? It can't be that simple."
Gatac 2002-06-07 23:45:29
"That's Mason's problem to deal with. I'm not going to get myself swissed on another mission like this."
Dieter 2002-06-07 23:51:58
Philpott give out a hearty laugh at Jessica's comment.

"Now I know what I see in you...my first wife. I regret that failed marriage everyday of my life. As for Mason, the lady is correct in her comment...to hell with him. He's been a loose cannon since he broke out of that prison in San Francisco. I honestly don't know why the Agency let him back. Mostly he's a good figurehead, but trust me...I have on good authority that there won't be any repercussions with you severing ties to Mason. Off the record, he's only here to keep the rookies in line until they advance. I've already talked to Mason and while he sounded a bit peeved...to put it lightly, he sends his best....for what that's worth."
Gatac 2002-06-07 23:56:37
(OOC: For those who've played JA2, we're gonna impersonate Raven now.)

"Problem solved."
Gatac 2002-06-08 00:12:12
"Just don't put me and Kyle in the same room and I'm all yours. 'Fly to Spain and experience firsthand the wonders of aerial sabotage.' 'Go meet your contacts at Terminal B and get shot.' Reeee-diculous."
threadbare 2002-06-08 00:36:30
"I'm fine with that. One question, though; who was Gonzales? He was the one behind all three hit teams they sent at us, yes?