Character Sheets - Just because you -are- a character, doesn

Gatac 2004-10-09 18:01:47
Some words. If you want to take a level of Sniper, you'll get:

Magic Touch, which gives you a further +1 bonus to all attacks with firearms.
BAB, Reflex save, Initiative, Budget and GP increase by 1 each. 8 skill points and 1d10+2 vitality.

Soldier:

Bonus Feat.
BAB, Reflex save, Initiative go up by 1, Budget by 2. 6 skill points and 1D12+2 vitality.

Faceman:

Cold Read 1/session.
BAB, Fort and Will save, Initiative and GP go up by 1. Budget by 3. 8 skill points and 1d10+2.

As far as I can see, Brian does not qualify for another prestige class just yet, but could easily grab Counter-Terrorist.

If you take Soldier and it's bonus feat, I recommend Sharp-Shooting. (+2 attack bonus against opponents who benefit from cover.) Alternatively, take Extreme Range and follow it up with Increased Precision. You'll need to climb both trees to get to the Sniper feat. But as far as I can see, Brian qualifies for either way, so it's your call.

Gatac
Gatac 2004-10-10 05:56:06
Ayumi "Ibis" Yokozaki

Department: Urban Assault
Class/Level: Soldier 8
Nationality: Japanese
Height: 1.52m
Weight: 45kg
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black

Abilities:
Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 21 (+5)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 11 (+0)
Charisma: 12 (+1)

Vitality/Wounds: 72/12
Saving Throws:
Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +10
Will: +2

Defense: 18
Damage Reduction: 1/-
Initiative: +11
Attack Bonuses:
Melee: +8
Ranged: +13

Attacks:
Dual H&K USP .40's: +13 (or +11/+11 akimbo, +16 within 20', +14/+14 akimbo within 20' +14 within 50', +12/+12 within 50'), 1d12 (1d12+3 within 20'), R 20', error 1, threat 20
Wakizashi: +14 (or +12/+12 dual-wield), 1d6+2, error 1, threat 19-20
Unarmed: +8, 1d3

Feats (-) and Abilities (=):
=Armor Proficiency: (Light, Medium, Heavy)
=Weapon Group Proficiency: (Hurled, Melee, Handgun, Rifle, Tactical)
=Accurate: Whenever a soldier spends an action die to add to an attack roll, or a Strength- or Constitution-based skill check, two dice are added instead of one. This is the soldier's core ability.
=Damage Reduction: DR 1/-, Soldier 2 special ability. Stacks with armor bonus.
=+2 department bonus to Spot and Hide checks
=+2 department bonus to readied attacks
=Armor Use +2: Starting at 4th level, the soldier's total Defense bonus when wearing armor is increased by +1 and his total armor check penalty is reduced by 1. Every 4 levels thereafter, the Defense bonus increases by +1 and the armor check penalty decreases by 1. This penalty cannot reduce the soldier's armor check penalty below 0.
-Ambidexterity: Reduces off-hand penalties by -4.
-Two-Weapon Fighting: Reduces two-weapon fighting penalties by -2.
-Point Blank Shot: +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons against opponents within one range increment.
-Quick Draw: You may draw up to two weapons, or draw and holster one weapon, as a free action each round.
-Exotic Weapon Proficiency (martial arts): Proficient in martial arts weapons.
-Weapon Finesse (wakizashi): Adds Dex modifier instead of Str modifier to attacks with this weapon.
=Weapon Specialization: Soldier 6 special ability. +2 damage with handguns.
-Acrobatic: +2 to Balance, Climb, and Tumble. Threat range increases to 19-20.
-Sidestep: +2 Defense against 1 opponent, or +1 Defense against all opponents.

Skills: (rank, total bonus)
Balance: 5, 12
Climb: 5, 7
Driver: 5, 10 (+12 on motorcycles)
Hide: 2, 9
Intimidate: 5, 6
Jump: 7, 9
Spot: 8, 10
Swim: 5, 5
Tumble: 10, 17

Languages: (*=native language)
English*
Japanese*
Cantonese*
German*

BP Bonus: 16
GP Bonus: 4
Personal Gear: 61 points
-H&K USP .40 "Hidari" (laser sight, silencer, extended clip 20 BP)
-H&K USP .40 "Migi" (laser sight, silencer, extended clip 20 BP)
-Wakizashi (from MAG, 7 BP)
-Second Wakizashi (7 BP)
-50 rounds .40 caliber military ball ammunition (1 BP)
-Trendy clothes (5 BP)
-Mirrored sunglasses, prescription (1 BP)

Background and description:

Ayumi Yokozaki (or Yokozaki Ayumi, if you're being really Japanese about things) was born in Tokyo in the winter of 1977. Her father, a top car company executive, traveled a lot for the company and brought his family with him, so while Ayumi has lived at various points in her development in Japan, Germany, and America, she spent most of her childhood in Hong Kong. During her junior college years in Japan, Ayumi took some work as a stuntwoman in low-budget action movies, where her outstanding grace and agility drew the Agency's attention. Her parents believe that Ayumi and her brother (Kenji), an agent with D-3, work as middle management for one of the Agency's cover businesses. In reality, of course, she's a gun-toting, sword-swinging, wall-flipping secret agent.

Ayumi is relatively short, though not by Japanese standards. She is of slight build and very trim, but while she doesn't have much muscle for a "muscle" agent, she has plenty of "get up and go." Her eyesight is less than perfect, and she prefers to wear glasses rather than contacts when she can. She tends to dress in darker colors, especially when working, and usually wears some kind of jacket to hide her weapon rig. If she can't adequately hide her wakizashi behind clothing, then she carries it in a backpack or a poster tube.

Ayumi is mostly polite and sweet when she's not "working." She enjoys calligraphy, karaoke, and has a bit of a sweet tooth, though not enough to give the Agency dentists any trouble keeping her smile in top shape. Even when the bullets are flying, she shows professional courtesy to her opponents. So far, she's only been ordered to kill real "bad guys": slave traders, Triads, Yakuza, gun runners, cultists, and the like, so her vocation doesn't hang on her conscience that much. Past missions have taken her all across Japan, Hong Kong, the Koreas, Los Angeles, and Indonesia.

She's heard in-house rumors about the team's exploits, their heroism, and especially about Agent O'Conner's sacrifice. Her brother was in a coma for three months after his team had a run-in with the Deckers. She considers it a privelege to work with the team that brought the hellacious couple down.

With the recent kidnapping and recovery of her brother, Ayumi is newly inspired to dive into her work with a new vigor.

NOTES:
Bumped Dex. Rolled my own vitality, got a 1. All skill ranks into Intimidate, which is a prereq for Edgemaster. Ditched the motorcycle helmet and acquired a second wakizashi.

(Edited by Infested Paladin at 3:30 am on Oct. 10, 2004)
CrazyIvan 2004-10-10 18:22:14
We'll have to do it over here, rather than AIM, until the types at IT services get around to approving my request for a network connection.

*le sigh*

I'm tempted to take a level of Sniper. If I recall, the bonuses, especially at later stages, are frighteningly sweet when mixed with a large gun.
Gatac 2004-10-10 19:00:58
Sniper's good. Be sure to keep my feat suggestions in mind, though.

Gatac
threadbare 2004-10-10 19:15:32
Carla "Falconet" Manotoc

Player: Threadbare
Soldier 3/ Fixer 2/Martial Artist 2
Level:7
Height: 5’
Weight: 125 lbs
Department: Black Ops
Nationality: Phillipines

Str:12 (+1)
Con: 14 (+2)
Dex:16 (+3)
Int:10
Wis:13 (+1)
Cha: 12 (+1)

Attack Bonuses:
*Unarmed: +7
*Melee: +7
*Ranged: +9

Saving Throws:
*Fortitude: +9
*Reflex: +10
*Will: +4

Other Derived Values:
Initiative:+8
*Defense: 18
Wounds:16
*Vitality: 79

Feats:
Armor Proficiency (Light)
Armor Proficiency (Medium)
Armor Proficiency (Heavy)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Hurled)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Melee)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Handgun)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Rifle)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Tactical)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Exotic, Archaic)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Exotic, Martial Arts)
Martial Arts
Damage Reduction 1/- (soldier ability)
Dexterous
Procure
Evasion
Improvised Weapon
Point Blank Shot
Moving Target
Blocking Basics
Blocking Mastery
*Discipline of Body

Skills:
Balance: 8, +13
Boating: 2, +5
****Climb: 4, +5
Escape Artist 6, +9
Hide 6, +9
Jump 5, +8
Move Silently: 6, +9
Profession (Cook) 3, +4
Sleight of Hand: 1, +4
Spot 8, +10
Swim 4, +5
Tumble 9, +14

Personal Budget (56):
Weapons: tiger claws, and a big fuck-off knife. Will request firearms on a mission-by-mission basis.
Armor: Assualt Vest, DR 8(9 w/ soldier ability, but it slows and clumsies me down), Military Helmet, Def +2
Other Gear: Laser Sight, stimulant shot, set of poor clothes, holster, cell phone, and a roll of duct tape.

Carla's still a contender for "most volatile," but received a big challenge from Artis, and Ayumi, of all people. She'll have to up the grizzled rage if she wants to stay in the game.

(Edited by Threadbare at 11:14 pm on Oct. 11, 2004)
CrazyIvan 2004-10-11 13:00:19
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 12:00 pm on Oct. 10, 2004
Sniper's good. Be sure to keep my feat suggestions in mind, though.

Gatac

Oh, I shall.

Do me a favor and tell me what goes up when I take a level of sniper?
Gatac 2004-10-11 16:08:55
Look on top of this page. I already typed up the advancement for Sniper along with all the other class options so you could compare at a glance. As far as I am aware, that should cover everything you need to shift to next level.

Gatac
Dieter 2004-10-14 02:16:10
I need Brian and Goose's updated whenever you get around to them, although I think everyone is preoccupied with the Stargate game for now. ;)
CrazyIvan 2004-10-14 17:35:51
Brian “Osprey” Malory
British SAS/Urban Assault
Classes: Soldier 4/Faceman 1/Sniper 2
Nationality: English
Height: 6’
Weight:165 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond (Brown naturally)

Abilities:
Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 18 (+4)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 14 (+2)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 12 (+1)

Vitality/Wounds: 57/14 (Max 1st level, rolled thereafter)
Saving Throws:
Fort: +7
Ref: +6
Will: +2

Defense: 18
Damage Reduction: 1/-
Initiative: +9
BAB: +6
Ranged: +10
Melee: +6

Attacks:
NATO 9x19mm Service Pistol +9 (+2 if readied, +2 if aimed, +3 if braced, +1 if within 30 ft.) Range: 30 ft. Error 1, Threat 20 Damage: 1d10. Equipped with silencer, -4 to listen checks tracking by muzzle blast.

7.62mm sniper rifle (match grade and accurized) +11 ((+2 if readied, +2 if aimed, +3 if braced, +1 if within 300 ft.) Range: 300ft, Threat: 18-20, Error 1, Damage: 2d10

Feats and Class Abilities:
Armor Proficiency: (Light, Medium, Heavy)
Weapon Group Proficiency: (Hurled, Melee, Handgun, Rifle, Tactical)
Accurate
Damage Reduction: DR 1/-
+2 department bonus to Spot and Hide checks
+2 department bonus to readied attacks
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Far Shot
Lay Down Fire
Marksman
Precise
Reposition
Magic Touch

Skills: Bonus (Ranks) Department Modifiers Included
Spot 13 (9)
Survival 7 (7)
Balance 7 (3)
Demolitions 4 (3)
Disguise 5 (4)
Hide 15 (9)
Survey 9 (9)
Search: 4 (2)

Languages:
English
German
Mandarin
Arabic
Spanish

Mission Budget:
1. 7.62x51mm sniper rifle
+60 rounds of FMJ ammo for it
Match Grading

Personal budget:

Package C, as usual.
Starlight glasses
Accurization for the rifle
extra pack of military ball rounds for pistol
ghillie suit
flash suppressor for rifle
basic video bug
survival kit
trendy cloths
helmet

Brian Malory originally joined the team on a very mission-specific basis, as one of the former squad mades of suspected terrorist and former SAS officer Andrew Stewart. It appears that, while technically still on loan from the british government, Brian's transfer is well on its way to becoming perminant, something he pointedly ignores. While very much serving out of a sense of civic duty, Queen and Country and all that, Brian has grown close to several members of the team, particularly Agent Spinner, which explains his willingness to prolong his involvement with the agency. Lacking the delicate touch of several other team members, Brian's primary role has become that of fire support, bringing a steady hand and a good rifle to bear when the situation - nearly inevitably - turns violent.
Gatac 2004-10-14 17:54:19
A quick note to ADS: Artis doesn't qualify for any prestige classes, but if he picks up six ranks of Profession (Smuggler) and Safe House, he could get into Smuggler.

EDIT: If you go Fixer on this one and pick Feat as the Fixer's special ability, you can get into Smuggler at the next level. (Safe House does count as gear feat.)

Gatac

(Edited by Gatac at 6:02 pm on Oct. 14, 2004)
Gatac 2004-10-14 18:00:09
Grimlock not know what Smuggler does. Grimlock curious!
Gatac 2004-10-14 18:25:38
Yes, but get your noodle out of my face. :)

Smuggler:
d8 vit, 8 skill points.

Appraise, Balance, Boating, Bureaucracy, Cultures, Diplomacy, Driver, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Hide, Hobby, Knowledge, Listen, Mechanics, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Pilot, Profession, Read Lips, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Surveillance, Swim are class skills.

Custom Rider: Levels as Smuggler count as Wheelman for the purpose of the Custom Ride ability.

Light Armor, Melee and Handgun.

Medium BAB.
Low Fort.
Medium Reflex.
Medium Will.
Low Def.
High Init.
High BP.
Medium GP.

False Panels (Core): Every vehicle the Smuggler requisitions automatically gains the Hidden Cargo Space gadget and a number of additional options for free. The total cost of base gadget and all options may not exceed half the Smuggler's class level (rounded up). The Smuggler may include further options by paying their normal cost.

Border Crossing: At 1st level, 1/session, the Smuggler may cross any border - even on alert - without an intervention favor check. He may move in a convoy of a number of vehicles up to his class level accompanied by a number of people up to twice his class level. Gear and weapons on the persons or in the vehicles are also smuggled across the border without incident.

At 5th level, the Smuggler may use this ability twice per session. Also, the number of people and vehicles he may take with him is doubled (to 4 and 2 times class level).

At 9th level, the Smuggler mayuse this ability thrice per session. The limits are doubled again. (8 and 4, respectively.)

In the Market: At 2nd level, a Smuggler with a working cell phone or in a city with more than 100 people is assumed to be in constant contact with the local black market. He may set up a black market deal within 1 hour without spending an action die.

Jackrabbit Start: The Smuggler gains this feat at 3rd level and again at 7th level. All prerequisites are waived.

Bolt: At 4th level, when the Smuggler is the Prey in a chase, he gains a bonus to all maneuver checks equal to half his class level (rounded down).

Moneymaker: At 4th level, the Smuggler may make a Profession (Smuggler) check to earn money in just two days instead of a week. This check has it's error range increased by 1. At 8th level, he may make this check in just ten hours, but the error range increases by 3.

Bonus Feat: At 5th and 9th level, the Smuggler gains a bonus Chase or Covert feat.

Illicit Barter: At 6th level, the Smuggler gains a number of bonus BP equal to his total Profession (Smuggler) skill bonus. These BPs may only be used in the field and not during the gearing up phase.

Wheel and Deal: At 7th level, the Smuggler's black market deal checks are improved by one grade (up to "pennies on the dollar"). Further, the error range of all checks to buy gear on the black market is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 0.

At 10th level, the threat ranges of all checks to buy gear on the black market are increased 2. The Smuggler may activate any threats he scores with these checks for free. A critical success results in aprice of only 50$ per BP.

The Getaway: When Prey in a chase, 1/session, the Smuggler may perform a "That's impossible!" maneuver.

----

And that's everything but the little picture. :)

Gatac
Gatac 2004-10-14 20:33:09
Good grief, a wheelman/fixer hybrid? It's the Artis PrC!
Gatac 2004-10-14 20:46:50
Fixer/Pointman Class Guide owns your puny soul, mortal.

Gatac
Gatac 2004-10-18 17:40:21
So, what's the verdict, big man? Smuggler your poison?

Gatac
Gatac 2004-10-20 17:27:56
Thanks for the thought, but I think I'm going to level up as Fixer. I never end up using the black market stuff, and I can't remember the last time Artis was the prey in a chase.
Gatac 2004-10-20 17:44:44
Well, if I had to put my finger on what Artis actually does, I'd say Slammer in a heartbeat, but that one's two chase feats away, ya know? :)

Gatac
Gatac 2004-10-20 17:46:32
The two feats being "It only hit the door!" and Rough Rider, since I know somebody will ask.

Gatac

(PS: 20000!)
Gatac 2004-10-20 18:00:00
Artis "Goose" Gossard
Nationality: US
Height: 1.83 meters
Weight: 90 kilograms

STR 15 +2
DEX 16 +3
CON 12 +1
INT 14 +2
WIS 10 +0
CHR 10 +0

Department: Home Office
Class: Fixer 6/Wheelman 2

Vitality: 61
Wound Points: 12

Character Level: 8
Ranged Attack Bonus: +9
Melee Attack Bonus: +8
Fort Save: +4
Ref Save: +9
Will Save: +2
Def Bonus: +6 (+8 with armor); DR 2 (armor)
Fighting Defensively: -2 to hit; +5 Defense
(+1 from Tumble synergy, +2 from Moving Target)
Init Bonus: +3
BP: 10
GP: 7

Languages: Chinese, Farsi

Feats:
Armor Proficiency (Light)
Armor Proficiency (Medium)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Hurled)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Melee)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Handgun)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Rifle)
Weapon Group Proficiency (Tactical)
Instant Hotwire
Speed Trigger
Speed Demon
Rapid Shot
Moving Target

Skills:
Appraise - Int
Hobby - Wis
Balance - Dex
Innuendo - Wis
Bluff - Cha 10 /10
Jump - Str 2 /4
Boating - Dex 4 /2/9
Knowledge - Int 2 /3 (valuable antiques/archaeological treasures)
Climb - Str 1 /3
Listen - Wis 3 /3
Craft - Int
Move Silently - Dex 11 /14
Demolitions - Int
Open Lock - Dex 9 /12
Driver - Dex 11 /2/16
Pilot - Dex 4 /2/10
Profession - Wis
Electronics - Int 1 /2
Search - Int 2 /3
Escape Artist - Dex 2 /5
Sleight of Hand - Dex 5 /2/10
Forgery - Int
Spot - Wis 4 /4
Hide - Dex 4 /7
Tumble - Dex 10 /13

Bonus Class Skills:
Disguise - Cha 1 /1
First Aid - Int 1 /2

Cross-Class Skills:
Mechanics - Int 3 /2/6

Special Abilities:
Dexterous: Whenever the fixer spends an action die to add
to a Dexterity-based skill check, two dice are added instead of
one (i.e. 1d4 becomes 2d4).
Procure: The fixer may requisition items and gadgets
anywhere in the field at normal cost, just as if he were back at
headquarters. If there is a nearby city and the fixer can
communicate and meet with a representative of the Agency,
then this ability takes 20 minutes per 4 budget points or 1
gadget point spent, otherwise it requires 1 hour per 4 budget
points or 1 gadget point spent, while he scrounges the area to
find the required items. The fixer must either be able to
contact his HQ or a personal contact, or scout his surroundings
to use this ability.
Evasion: The fixer suffers no damage on a successful Reflex save.
Daredevil: The wheelman may use "daredevil-only" maneuvers during chases, etc.
Uncanny Dodge: The Fixer always retains his Dexterity bonus to Defense, even if caught flat-footed, making it much more difficult to ambush him.
Kick Start 1/session: The wheelman can change a failed Mechanics check into a success by giving the offending item a whack out of frustration.
Sneak Attack: +2d6

Personal Budget: 50
Gadget Points: +7

.40 HK USP Compact (13 BP): 1d12, R 15', fail 1, threat 20
5.56mm Assault Rifle (31 BP): 2d8+2, R 100', fail 1-2, threat 19-20
Silencer on .40 USP (2 BP)
Laser Sight on 5.56mm AR (2 BP)
Silencer on 5.56mm AR (2 BP)

Belt, lockpick set (2 GP): +2 Open Locks
Tuxedo Liner: (1GP) +1 Defense, DR 2
Armored upgrade: (2GP) +1 additional Defense to Tux Liner
Agency Laser Watch (1 GP)
Starlight Lenses (1 GP)

---
I added starlight lenses to my standard gadgets, since I always take those, and finally silenced my assault rifle. I took Moving Target, so Artis will pretty much be in a constant state of fighting defensively. :)