Cloak & Broadsword - Chapter 4: Framed in Italy.

Gatac 2004-03-02 01:20:57
The last bit gets Jess going.

"Still have? Shall I interpret that as 'Oh, we never found their bodies' ?"
Gatac 2004-03-02 01:46:52
"Kuso. Thank you for keeping the focus on my brother, boss. I'm doing my best to keep this professional, not personal. As for 'may still have,' well, we can burn that bridge when we come to it."
threadbare 2004-03-02 10:55:58
Carla is not all that thrilled with sitting in a tree for hours upon hours, but a hunter needs a good blind. She flexes and stretches her legs periodically.

Shit, man. They're bad guys. I don't know who they are, but they're my enemy, and that's enough for me.

The details filter through her head for the umpteenth time: if she wants us to open up indescriminately, white hankerchief sneeze. Body guards only, red hankerchief cough. Kill the apparent leaders, checkered hankerchief cough. The alternate signal, of course, is if she pulls out a gun and starts shooting.
Dieter 2004-03-02 16:04:34
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 7:20 pm on Mar. 1, 2004
The last bit gets Jess going.

"Still have? Shall I interpret that as 'Oh, we never found their bodies' ?"

17:22

"Las Vegas C.S.I. managed to scrape up enough of Michael Decker to get a positive I.D. on him. Hannah's body was never found and was assumed to have been incinerated in the helicopter blast. The case was closed on that assumption and the fact that everything within a 100ft radius of the explosion was burnt beyond recognition. The fact remains that her body was and still is (to a certain extent) unaccounted for..."

The team's Sat-Comms buzz with the receipt of more information.

"Agent Nighthawk just got access to MI-6's Continental Europe Satellite. It will be doing a fly-by over Mestre in the next 15 minutes. He'll try to interpolate any relevent data received and send you the latest. The main concern is still finding Agent Ibis' brother. Odds are he's being held at the villa and this Liz character is waiting for the drop-off before making her next move. The arrival of Decker and Fischer can only mean that whoever Liz is working for has some involvement in all of your pasts."
Gatac 2004-03-02 16:51:09
"Acknowledged. How's threat assessment for the local police?"
Dieter 2004-03-02 17:18:59
"That's a problem of its own. The area in which the villa is located is full of local politicos and a hotbed for La Cosa Nostra. The local authorities are reluctant to respond to disturbances without risking the chance of retaliation. Six months ago, a former deputy police commissioner was found dead on his pleasure boat after sending officers to respond to a noise disturbance two blocks from the location in question."
Dieter 2004-03-03 15:30:38
As the intelligence is reviewed and digested, Brian and Carla spot a helicopter approaching the villa. It makes one pass overhead then procedes to land on the backside of the mansion.

Liz & Co. take note of the chopper's arrival, heading inside as it make its final approach.
CrazyIvan 2004-03-03 22:35:00
"Great, maybe I'll get to shoot down another chopper. Whoever these types are, there looks to be some serious brass in there, and they're well-heeled."
Gatac 2004-03-04 14:47:16
"One last question, Nightengale. Shall we attempt to capture them, or would you prefer us sending them on permanent vacation?"
Dieter 2004-03-04 15:37:41
"Let's just say that it is the general opinion of myself and several ranking members of the international intelligence community that these people be taken out with extreme prejudice. You are authorize to use whatever force is necessary to eliminate them."
Gatac 2004-03-05 22:06:32
"Acknowledged, Nightengale. Operation: Early Retirement commencing."