Spice, Guns, and Credits - Episode 2

Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-11-03 21:03:44
a screen wipe later...
---
The wounded landspeeder and two bikes skim into the settlement of Grootuloo. Curved buildings rise above the jungle canopy as a steady bustle of speeder and foot traffic goes about another day on Rodia. The plan had been to land at the starport, offload the tibanna, get paid, and get out. Now, with no tibanna and no ship, things have changed.
Dieter 2003-11-03 21:14:24
"What a shithole..." comments Wayde, as the humidity starts to seep into his clothes.

The dry air of Tatooine and Hoth never bothered him, but the humidity on this rock was enough to put any man...even a seasoned soldier like himself in a foul mood.

(Edited by Dieter at 3:15 pm on Nov. 3, 2003)
punkey 2003-11-04 01:15:59
"Well, I suppose we should find someplace to stay. We should stay off the street for a day, let the raiders forget about us," Reyes says.
CrazyIvan 2003-11-04 02:37:55
"Sound advice, Reyes," Arnae says. "I'm wondering if we should even find our contacts and tell them about the crash. I still remember what Gulgo did to Rymmyn when she dropped that load of nova crystals."

He shudders at the memory. "I hear she's still alive." He shudders again.

(Edited by Infested Paladin at 9:58 pm on Nov. 3, 2003)
Dieter 2003-11-04 02:58:06
Wayde slaps Arnae hard on the back.

"That's a cargo load of Bantha poodoo and you know it. (laughing) Don't worry, Cap'n. I'm sure at the most he'd just immasculate you. Besides.."

The old soldier leans back with a good amount of bravado, taking a long swig on his flask then handing it over to Arnae.

"...you've got me on your side and I don't particular like the thought of disintegration."
CrazyIvan 2003-11-04 04:01:53
Arnae accepts the flask and, since they are back in civilization, takes a long swig. Then, inspiration seems to strike him.

"Unless those raiders start blabbing," he says as he passes back the flask, "and unless we report in, our contacts here might just assume we went down with the ship. As long as Gulgo thinks we're dead, he won't be trying to kill us."

Won't be trying to kill me, is what he's really thinking.

(Edited by Infested Paladin at 11:27 pm on Nov. 3, 2003)
CrazyIvan 2003-11-04 04:26:09
"Or unless we happen to ever want to get another job again? Well, you specifically...I might be lucky enough to pass under their sensors. But do you really expect to go "dead", then ever carry another load of cargo again, without our esteemed employer noticing?"
punkey 2003-11-04 05:09:45
"Maybe there's something here that will be worth stealing in compensation," Reyes says. "Even backwaters spaceports have to have something valuable to steal."
CrazyIvan 2003-11-04 05:29:00
"I don't have to stay dead forever, just long enough to earn enough money to pay Gulgo off."
fanchergw 2003-11-04 07:19:35
Jileeza's wounded landspeeder limps in a bit behind the others. Getting out, she spends a few minutes inspecting the damage. Unfortunately, her coffers are a bit light to handle major repairs...

She returns to the others in time to catch the tail end of the conversation. "I have no doubt there's something worth acquiring around here. After all, we need to put a few credits in our pockets. How about we start with a ship, so we can get off-planet?

"As for me, I don't plan to start being dead, much less staying dead for any period..."
Dieter 2003-11-04 14:27:43
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 1:19 am on Nov. 4, 2003

She returns to the others in time to catch the tail end of the conversation. "I have no doubt there's something worth acquiring around here. After all, we need to put a few credits in our pockets. How about we start with a ship, so we can get off-planet?"

"Sounds like a plan. I'm sure there's at least a few crates around here that have hyperdrives. But first, I think our crash landing deserves a drink...or two. Let's head for the cantina."
CuteMotherFucker 2003-11-04 16:21:42
"Yeah, I'm sure nothing unpleasant or life-threatning is going to happen at a Rodian cantina. Lets go."

It's hard to tell whether Mak is being sarcastic or not. Really.
fanchergw 2003-11-04 18:13:24
Jileeza smiles. "I'll be happy to drink to your survival, Wayde." It's impossible to tell if she's serious or not.

She eyes Mak for a moment. "Hey, if there's trouble, it could just be another opportunity to profit, right? After all, once they're dead, they don't need their stuff..."
CuteMotherFucker 2003-11-04 18:57:58
Mak gloomily shakes his head, "I doubt you could loot even a tenth of what we owe the Hutt, even if you slaughtered the entire bar. Lets call the 'kill everyone we see until we have enough cash' idea Plan B."

He heavily sighs, "this planet is turning me into a grouch. Hey, maybe we'll be lucky and the first would-be muggers who'll try to gut us will have the keys to a spaceship on them." That thought definitely cheers Mak up.

(Edited by CuteMotherFucker at 7:59 pm on Nov. 4, 2003)
Dieter 2003-11-04 19:19:58
Quote:

Quote: from CuteMotherFucker on 12:57 pm on Nov. 4, 2003

He heavily sighs, "this planet is turning me into a grouch. Hey, maybe we'll be lucky and the first would-be muggers who'll try to gut us will have the keys to a spaceship on them." That thought definitely cheers Mak up.

"We should be so lucky."

Wayde looks around at the blasted landspeeder and the newly stolen bikes.

"First order of business is to stash these things. I'm sure someone's going to realize that the owners are nowhere to be found and start asking questions."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-11-04 21:21:18
After stashing the speeders to the best of their ability, the group walks into the Corellia Roadhouse, one of the spaceport's larger bars. The bargoers are primarily Rodians, but there are (as there will be in a spaceport) a smattering of pretty much everything. With the chances of taking on 7 armed men and women being slim to nil, nobody bothers the group as they sit at a large round table and order some drinks to toast the "landing they walked away from".
Dieter 2003-11-04 21:28:25
Wayde flags down a waitress/droid,

"A bottle of Corellian Rum and a shotglass."
fanchergw 2003-11-04 22:03:02
"Every little bit helps," Jileeza replies to Mak, shrugging.

Wayde's comment starts her wheels a'turnin'. "Hmm... Even better, maybe we can sell them. It's not like the owners are likely to return real soon..."

Jileeza glides into the bar like she owns the place. Looking around, there are a couple who's faces she has seen around before, but none that she knows directly. No one seems inclined - at least for the moment - to mess with them, which is to their benefit. When they take a seat, 'Za makes certain to sit where she will likely be near someone approaching their table.

Wayde orders a drink, and 'Za follows suit. "A Blue Bitch for me."
CrazyIvan 2003-11-04 22:26:07
Aurelia sits down at the table as well, shifting a bit and poping her neck once as she does so, before looking up at thw waitress.

"Another rum" she says, jesturing to Wayde to indicate quantity and...accessories.
Dieter 2003-11-04 22:33:08
"Err...make that two bottles and glasses."

Wayde lights a cigar, leaving his lighter on the table within reach.