Bonnie Scotland - Chapter 2: Going Undercover

Dieter 2003-09-27 12:03:34
Ayumi arrives behind Carla from the bar, a drink in each hand. Her limited-range personality dial is set to "bubbly."

"Here's your drink, love," she says, offering one to Carla. "What's this all about, then? Are they getting sore here too because you placed a few darts well?"
threadbare 2003-09-27 19:38:20
"I'm just trying to enjoy the time honored tradition of throwing sharp objects in a dark room after drinking alcohol. You know, the local culture. And if the local culture is uncomfortable with a 'fit young lass' winning, the 'buggers' can 'sod off'. Did I get that right?" She says it with a smile, the kind that looks just a little bit innocent.
CrazyIvan 2003-09-28 00:58:15
Brian takes careful note of the two men heading towards the door, taking stock of the situation, and wishing he had remembered to snag an MP5K from the armory before they headed out - Jess had definitely caught someone's attention.
Dieter 2003-09-29 20:01:41
Connor expresses some relief as Jess gets up from the bar. However, his concern for her general welfare remains unabated by her curtness.

"And you do the same. Be careful out there...McLaren has a habit of finding people before they find him."

Hearing Connor's remark and upon seeing Jess' expectant departure, the two men Brian had been watching stop short of leaving, remaining in the alcove seperating the pub from the street outside. One of the men appears to making a call on the public phone.

Over at the dartboards, Carla and Ayumi seem to blending into the bar scene quite well. They certainly add an air of Asian exoticness the likes of which the pub hasn't experienced since some ladies from the Japan's World Cup soccer team stumbled upon the watering hole some years ago. It is only a short time before the local boys are fighting over who is getting their next round of drinks.
Dieter 2003-10-01 22:52:16
Through threats of bodily harm and possible future medical attention, two particular twenty-somethings appear to be fending off the masses in hopes of securing an after-hours encounter with the ladies.

Both gents (appearing to be both heavily tattooed and intoxicated) drum up their Liquid Courage (TM) and proposition Ayumi and Carla for a nightcap.
threadbare 2003-10-02 05:07:40
"Aren't you sweet?" she says, taking what she hopes is an admiring look at his tatoos. "Nice one," she says, pointing at a design on his arm, "is that Maori?" before he can say he got it out of the book because he thought it looked cool/it's a celtic knot/whatever, she touches his arm, ostensibly to examine it further.

that's how they do this kind of thing, right? I only learned to fend 'em off as a girl.
Dieter 2003-10-02 17:04:24
Carla butters up to one them, who introduces himself as Ewan.

"Most of 'em are Celtic, (lifts up the back of his shirt) I've got Scotland on me back. That hurt like a mother."

That tattoo spurns the other lad (who goes by the name of Sean) to show off his own inks. Both bear the same gory tattoo on their right shoulderblades.
threadbare 2003-10-03 12:35:10
Ayumi takes her own admiring looks at her own *ahem* gentleman's body art.

"Where I come from, men with this many tattoos are usually yakuza--gangsters." She carefully hides half her smile behind her glass. "Untamed."
Dieter 2003-10-03 15:58:35
Quote:

Quote: from Threadbare on 11:34 pm on Oct. 2, 2003
"Wicked tat...nice canvas for that matter. What is it?

"It's a bit of a secret. But if you ladies were willin' ta come back wit' us, we might tell yer!"
Dieter 2003-10-03 18:01:39
Jess takes a walk outside the bar with Brian promptly (yet subtley) following her out, taking up a prime lookout position across the street.

She takes out her phone and makes as if she's dialing an acquaintaince. Shortly thereafter, the two mystery men exit the pub and begin walking down the street. As they stride past Jess, they drop a matchbook at her feet and continue down the road and into a nearby alleyway.
Gatac 2003-10-03 18:05:17
Jess waits for the goons to disappear, then picks up the matchbook and examines it.
Dieter 2003-10-03 18:17:57
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 11:05 am on Oct. 3, 2003
Jess waits for the goons to disappear, then picks up the matchbook and examines it.

Jess opens the fold, revealing a hastily scrawled message on it.

Inverleith Bridge, 2330. Come alone.

The agent looks at her watch,

(Edited by Dieter at 11:18 am on Oct. 3, 2003)
Gatac 2003-10-03 22:37:29
Think positive. This can't go much worse than Vegas, and anything better than Vegas would be a smashing success. Who said you couldn't win, girl ?

Jess heads for Inverleigh Bridge, reasoning that being there ahead of schedule may be helpful.