The Check Is In The Mail - episode 1

Dieter 2004-01-20 15:58:16
"Well...that wasn't so bad. I'm glad that we're appealing to Gulgo's cold beating heart. Let's get this over with before he changes his mind."
CuteMotherFucker 2004-01-20 16:02:44
Mak scratches his head thoughtfully, "dunno, I got the feeling that we're still in danger of getting carbonated. Better watch our backs if we're gonna go into Gulgo's stronghold."

(Edited by CuteMotherFucker at 5:05 pm on Jan. 20, 2004)
Dieter 2004-01-20 16:15:03
"Damn right. I think we should pay a visit to the local illicit weapons dealer. We will probably need some non-descript firepower."
fanchergw 2004-01-20 16:45:43
Jileeza hangs off to the side out of view as Arnae chats with Gulgo. Something about that Hut makes her trigger finger itchy.

"Weapons sound good. I wonder if anyone sells used stormtrooper armor these days..."
Dieter 2004-01-20 16:48:36
"I think we're going to have go for something a bit more subtle than that. Hold-out weapons, vibro-shivs...maybe a thermal detonator."
Gatac 2004-01-20 17:25:03
Erit walks out of the cockpit. Under his breath, he murmurs

"If a lesson on the power of the Force could make you see your foolishness, I'd gladly teach you..."
CuteMotherFucker 2004-01-20 20:26:02
"Entering the lion's den unprepared is what I'd call foolish. And without the ability to make Gulgo best friends with me, I rather have a blaster between myself and the fat bastard."
Dieter 2004-01-20 20:29:45
"It's been my experience that jedis aren't exactly...what's the word I've looking for? Oh yeah, effective at using that mind-trick stuff on Hutts. When negotiating, I prefer a more direct approach...high explosives."
Gatac 2004-01-20 20:41:58
Erit shakes his head.

"Was I talking about influencing a Hutt? If you can learn to hear what I say and not what you think I say, you will have gained a new weapon."
Dieter 2004-01-20 20:53:24
"No, I believe that is the job of the aforementioned illicit arms dealer."

Wayde puts a older-brotherly arm around Erit.

"Look, buddy. I know it's your somewhat duty to proselytize the ways of the Jedi faith, but if you'd take a quick gander at your associates...they're not exactly the religious types, if you know what I mean. (glances over to Arnae) Now, about that dealer. It's been wookiee's age since I've been to Sullust. Where can we find one?"
Gatac 2004-01-20 21:05:36
"I have already made amends concerning my faith, seeing how I'm accompanying you. I merely wish to walk out of this adventure alive, selfish as that motivation may be, and I do not intend to sit by while you volountarily forgo using a very effective weapon. A Jedi HAS to compensate his gullibility somewhat, don't you think?"
Dieter 2004-01-20 21:16:39
"Lesser of two evils...gotcha. We all have our crosses to bear. Mine is called Lt. Trevis Reik of the 1st Imperial Infantry Division..."
CrazyIvan 2004-01-20 23:20:34
"I know a guy who can get us some big honkin' shooting irons--Clone Wars surplus, most of it, but all very well maintained--but it's bound to get back to Gulgo eventually. And don't forget that with every thermal detenator we buy, that's just more cash taken out of the shield generator and concussion missile fund.

"I say we just take the money as we are. There's a lot of us already, enough to call strength in numbers. That's a lot of blaster power, especially if you count Mak here, if things go sour."
Gatac 2004-01-20 23:30:18
"And if things go wrong, I can still fry their brains."

Erit looks around.

"Not that I tend to do that."
fanchergw 2004-01-21 05:46:20
The discussion brings a smirk to Jileeza's lips. She always has liked big... guns. Still, she'll make do with what she's got, and what these boys have got, if necessary.

"What? No shopping? Oh, poo." 'Za puts on a mock pout that has melted more than a few hearts over the years.
CuteMotherFucker 2004-01-21 06:36:10
"If we get out of it alive, I'll buy you something sharp."

Mak moves a blaster from his left holster to under his vest. "Shall we?"
fanchergw 2004-01-21 16:27:24
Jileeza smiles at Mak. "Really? That would be wonderful!" It's hard to know whether she's serious or not.

One moment, her weapons are arrayed in plain view. The next, they're not. Locating them again would require significant frisking. Not recommended.

"I'm ready. Shall we?" she asks, as she moves toward the exit ramp.
punkey 2004-01-23 07:33:44
Reyes is reading something on his datapad. "I've got a limited map of Gulgo's place," he says. "Every time we went in there, I had this thing passively scanning the surrounding rooms for those weird high frequency emitting bricks they like to use for lighting. Made a crude map out of it, catches the surrounding 20 feet from wherever I was. Should give us something of an idea of the inside of his place in case we get screwed."

He flips the datapad off and locks it closed. He checks the charge on his blaster and holdsters it. "Let's roll."