Great Vengeance and Furious Anger

Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-27 15:41:37
As Lent finds rummages around for some new clothes, Greebu expresses his gratitude. "Thank the maker! I thought I was dinner for sure! Thank you, thank you!"

The damage sustained by the ship during the point-blank shootout is minor at best - some blinking with the lights occurs every now and then but nothing too serious. Arnae pulls free of Gamdoaan's gravitational field and the Chance is powered up and ready to jump to hyperspace.
Gatac 2004-10-27 16:20:35
As the ship climbs, Erit walks over to take care of their newest passenger.

"Greetings. I am Radow Erit, the ship's medic. Do you feel anything wrong besides the typical aftereffects of a run-in with a carbonite freezer?"
Aihal the Silent 2004-10-27 16:54:14
Lent stares in the direction of the voice, extends his hand in the same direction in greeting and says "Pleased to meet you Erit. My name is Lent. As a matter of fact, I'm feeling a serious lack of cigars and I think I've got a bad case of Empty Holster Syndrome. And while I understand that giving a complete stranger a blaster in an enclosed environment surrounded by vacuum goes against self-preservation, I'd settle for knowing what year it is and how far away we are from the Jedi Council."

Lent takes a deep breath.

"Sorry for the rant. I really am grateful for all this group has done for me, but Hybernation sickness really irritates me."
Gatac 2004-10-27 16:57:44
Erit is slightly taken aback.

"I would prefer to give you better news, Lent, but there hasn't been a Jedi Council for a long time. Matter of fact, it's hard to find Jedi these days."
Aihal the Silent 2004-10-27 17:15:08
"What happened to them? When I was put in to deep freeze, they were in trouble, but they're Jedi -- they get in and out of trouble like normal people get in and out of clothes."

Lent shakes his head and asks "How did the Republic survive without the Jedi?"

(Edited by Aihal the Silent at 10:36 am on Oct. 27, 2004)
Gatac 2004-10-27 17:20:26
"It didn't. You're right smack in the middle of a civil war."
Dieter 2004-10-27 17:43:34
Quote:

Quote: from Aihal the Silent on 11:39 am on Oct. 27, 2004
"That sounds just lovely. What side are you guys on?"

"Our own" Wayde says, tossing Lent a pack of cigarettes.
Gatac 2004-10-27 17:47:32
"As far as I am concerned, we are on our own side. It's a big free-for-all."
Aihal the Silent 2004-10-27 18:39:18
"Sounds good to me. The last time I picked a side and helped out, they stuck me into carbon freeze for a couple of decades and then vanished."

He takes the offered pack of cigarettes, lights one and says "It sounds like the Universe has become a dangerous place since I left. I would be more than happy to help you guys, seeing as how you helped me out of a jam. I'm good with guns, ok with people and if you ask me to pick a lock I'll tell you to go f*ck yourself and blast the door open. I lookout for those who look out for me and I sleep in my armor just in case. What do you say?"
Gatac 2004-10-27 18:44:19
Erit mumbles under his breath.

"Another gunslinger. Just my luck."
Aihal the Silent 2004-10-27 18:57:33
"Not a gunslinger, a warrior. Weilding a gun doesn't mean that I'm going to blast everything in sight, just as weilding a lightsaber doesn't mean that a jedi is going to hack his way out of every situation."
CrazyIvan 2004-10-27 19:02:17
Arnae appears from the cockpit.

"Wayde, looks like you've got a new sidekick. Lent, welcome to the crew of the Second Chance. My name's Arnae, but you can call me Captain Maddock.

"Now, what do we do with sluggo here?" Arnae asks, indicating Greebu.
Dieter 2004-10-27 22:08:06
Quote:

Quote: from Infested Paladin on 1:02 pm on Oct. 27, 2004
Arnae appears from the cockpit.

"Wayde, looks like you've got a new sidekick. Lent, welcome to the crew of the Second Chance. My name's Arnae, but you can call me Captain Maddock.

Wayde shakes his head in disagreement.

"No, Cap'n, I'm thinking we just got another voice of reason to go along with my own."

(Turning to look at Greebu)

"As for this fat sack of bantha poodoo, your guess is as good as mine. I'm sure someone's got a bounty on his head. I say we do the collecting this time around. Unless, dear Greebu is willing to make a counter-offer...Hmm?"
fanchergw 2004-10-28 04:31:24
Quote:

Quote: from Infested Paladin on 10:02 am on Oct. 27, 2004

"So this is the carbon-pop? Not bad, I suppose - as long as he can fight as well as he says." Jileeza puts in, her strange Rodian eyes examining him from head to toe.
Quote:

Jileeza growls, "I got a little trick with knives I know that will remove the possibility of him getting in our way ever again. And the nice part is: it takes a while."
Dieter 2004-10-28 15:54:06
Wayde steps between Jileeza and Greebu.

"Easy there, sister. I'd like nothing more to see this guy get gutted, but I believe there's a definite financial incentive this keep him alive. Let's check the Holonet before we start cutting him. While we're at it, we really need to look into getting a new ship. As much as I've grown to appreciate this bucket o' bolt, it's beginning to stink up the sector with its infamy."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-28 16:32:48
Turns out there is a mediocre bounty for Greebu - the Rebels are willing to pay a few thousand credits for him. He apparently used to be a big shot crime boss until his operations got taken out.

At the mention of changing ships, Greebu interrupts. "I don't know what you did to warrant the kind of effort Gulgo's spending, but after today ya really think changing ships is gonna throw him off your trail?"
Dieter 2004-10-28 16:40:07
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 10:32 am on Oct. 28, 2004

At the mention of changing ships, Greebu interrupts. "I don't know what you did to warrant the kind of effort Gulgo's spending, but after today ya really think changing ships is gonna throw him off your trail?"

Wayde's expression turns from slight indifference to anger.

"You know what, Za?

(stepping aside)

"I changed my mind."

(gesturing with an open palm)

"Cut this piece of shit. I'm sure he could stand to lose a few pounds anyway."
Aihal the Silent 2004-10-28 17:32:42
"Who's Gulgo?" asks Lent to the big light blur surrounding him. "And what exactly did you guys do to him?"

After taking a couple more drags, he continues "I really don't think making a mess in the living area of your ship is a good idea. Why don't you space him?"