Bonnie Scotland - Chapter 6: Fawkes Hunt/Conclusion

Dieter 2003-12-16 18:59:48
With Jess clear of the claymore's kill radius, Brian puts down his rifle and trips the mine. A conflaguration
of high explosives and lead shot broadcasts out on the tarmac shredding everything in its path.

The idling chopper takes the brunt of the explosion with its entire right side turning into molten slag and perforated sheet metal. It does not immediately burst into flames, but given the amount of damage it took it is inevitable. Beyond the chopper, the two deployed Ops are struck by various bits of debris and consequently knocked down by blast's shockwave. (consider them stunned for at least the remainder of this round). From within the burning carcass of the chopper emerges the pilot, he is profoundly injured and currently en fuego.

Given the fact that the Ops and flight crew are neigh-incapacitated, Brian's unit is able to make short order of them with a concerto of assault weapons fire. As they are dispatched, Mr. SAS picks up his rifle and begins sighting down on Chopper 2 (which is currently about 20m off the ground).

And before our intrepid GM forgets...

The highland chase precipitates with Ayumi's van closing in on the bait-truck, Artis being right behind her. From the back of the bait-truck three mercs fire off their illicit weaponry in the general direction of Ayumi. A few new "speed holes" and a slightly marred windshield later, Q-Branch's tireless attention to detail keeps the Le femme Agent firmly still in the game.

(Edited by Dieter at 3:15 pm on Dec. 16, 2003)
Gatac 2003-12-18 20:30:21
Landing behind cover, Jess janks the headset from under the jacket and puts it back on.

"Alpha 1 to Bravo 1, get flying ! Everyone else cover Bravo 1!"
Dieter 2003-12-30 21:21:24
Bravo One, copy that. Dust-off ETA...30 seconds. Over?

Chopper 2 executes a rapid ascent, its turbine engines groaning with the hard climb. Chopper 3 continues to spray Jess' position with automatic fire. The ordnance obliterates what little remaining cover Jess had as the helo's spotlight now clearly illuminates her shape on the tarmac.
Dieter 2003-12-31 16:55:56
Brian lines up a shot on the helicopter's tail rotor, just behind the prop.

Eat this...

A muted muzzle flash is proceeded by a *pang* to the chopper's rear section. It immediately goes into a precarious spin as its yaw capability is severed by the metal slug. A plume of white smoke incapsulates the helicopter as its rotor approaches total failure while plummeting towards the tarmaced ground below.

In response to the rapid change in circumstances, Chopper 2 reverses its course upward in favor of a strafing run on Jess...who is currently running for more cover.

She sprints towards a hangar as the helicopter swoops down on her position then banks upward and hovers above Jess, the prop wash creating a slightly more difficult retreat for the Agent. The helo's cargo door opens, revealing one of the Ops bearing a rifle of their own.

A series of semi-auto shots stream down from the chopper, tracing a pock-marked path behind the fleeing Ms. Spiner.
Dieter 2004-01-06 16:46:00
Jess manages to find herself a shady spot behind a thick concrete wall with Brian sighting down on Chopper 2's door-gunner. His shot goes wide, glancing off the steel above his target's head. It doesn't go without result as the near miss momentarily diverts the gunner's focus on Jess. Bullets rain down on her position, but are easily deflected by the thick barrier.

* Cue Ronin Chase Music *

Artis parlays a well-executed setup manuever on the bait-truck, offering Carla a good shot on its driver. The assault rifle barks out two quick burts, stitching a path up the driver's side door and through the window. A ubiquitous red mist splotches against the remains of the pane as the bait-truck meanders off its (up till now) straight path down the country road.

The driver may not be dead, but he sure isn't doing well.
Gatac 2004-01-06 23:02:59
Jess taps her headset.

"Alpha One to Bravo One, please tell me you're ready to go."
Dieter 2004-01-07 00:12:18
Alpha-One to Bravo-One, we are en-route. ETA, 20 seconds. Over?
Gatac 2004-01-07 00:15:40
"Alpha One to Bravo One, copy. Alpha One to Alpha Two, I'd love to help, but I can't see anything from here. How's the situation?"
Dieter 2004-01-07 01:36:25
From Brian's point of view, the situation has escalated into a royal cluster-fuck. The remaining enemy helicopter looks to be preparing for some sort of land sortie as ropes are being dumped out the cargo door by the other Op (the one currently not sniping at Jess).
Gatac 2004-01-07 16:48:08
Jess discards the spent briefcase, then readies her MP7 and aims it to her side, ready to open fire on the chopper if it tries to manover into position again.

This time, you pokered too high, Diane.
Dieter 2004-01-07 18:24:38
Ayumi accelerates the Agency Van up close with the bait truck, colliding with the corner of its bumper affording Artis the needed time to set up the driver in Carla's field of fire. As the driver's door comes into view, Carla can see that it's now a two-man effort in controlling the bait truck. The driver is mangled from the last burst-fire with the passenger essentially taking over the steering...just as Carla unloads on them.

Her bursts effectively deplete what life there was in the driver as the bait-truck redlines out of control. Artis and Ayumi slow down and watch from their rear-view mirrors as the truck smashes through a guard-rail, landing in a shallow ditch.

Back at the airport...

Jess readies her weapon for the inevitable as it unfurls down the rappeling cables of the helicopter. Through his scope, Brian sees the Ops STABO-ing to the ground.

Alpha-Two to Alpha-One. I have to contacts exiting the helo via ropes, firing...over?

Brian adjusts his sights for windage and range, firing off a round at one of the Ops. The bullet buries itself deep in the Op's arm, momentarily causing an uncontrolled decent, but is quickly rectified a few meters from the hard tarmac below where the other Op touches down a half-second later.

Echo One (Red shirts) to Alphas One and Two. I have confirmation of two Tangoes touching down on the tarmac, range...100 meters. Please advise. Over?
Gatac 2004-01-07 19:11:24
"Alpha One to Alpha Two, supressive fire. Make them rabbit for cover, and tell me if any head my way, I'm ready to greet them. Echo One, close in further and close off possible escape routes. Alpha One over."
Dieter 2004-01-07 19:34:24
Unclipping from their lines, the Ops move towards Jess' position with Brian switching to burst fire and taking pot-shots at them.

Echo One to Alpha-One, we are closing the perimeter around the helo and hangar. No one is getting out without a fight.

From Jess' vantage point, she can begin to hear the ricochet of bullets bouncing off hard surfaces...presumably originating from Brian's rifle.
Gatac 2004-01-07 22:41:57
"Roger that, Echo One. Bravo One, what's your status?"

Jessica's head darts from side to side, looking for enemies.
Dieter 2004-01-07 23:05:31
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 4:41 pm on Jan. 7, 2004
"Roger that, Echo One. Bravo One, what's your status?"

Bravo One to Alpha One, airfield and enemy bogey in visual range. ETA...10 seconds and closing fast. Please advise, over?

(This is the point in time where the GM curses his fucking horrible knack at rolling opposing PC vs. NPC skill checks.)

The two Ops move in close to Jess' position with cat-like grace, but their large shadows cast upon the hangar floor (via the helo's searchlight) give their position away. Jess spots them and spins around getting both dead in her sights.

Brrr-rap! Brrr-rap!

Her MP7 bristles with a bright muzzle flash as Jess' bullets stitch a path across the Ops' center-masses.

(Edited by Dieter at 5:59 pm on Jan. 7, 2004)
Gatac 2004-01-07 23:13:08
The staccato of screaming bullets is interrupted by Jessica's voice shouting over the tarmac.

"Hands off the lady, bastards!"
Dieter 2004-01-08 00:10:35
One of the Ops appears to be in great pain, having taken one in the shoulder and family of smaller rounds in the chest. The grimace is met by an uncharacteristic shrug by the other, whom takes off their ubiquitous Op-sy ski-mask...revealing not a man, but Catesby herself.

*BEGIN VILLAIN SOLILOQUY MODE*

"I know the feelin'. If there's one thing I remember from my mother it's ne'er let a man do a woman's job."

Catesby slings her rifle and pulls out a pistol, shooting her cohort in the head. As the poor bastard falls dead to the concrete hangar floor, Catesby turns to Jess.

"I hafta ta know. Who are yer really and why didja do it???"
Gatac 2004-01-08 00:13:21
Jess keeps her weapon aimed, but smirks.

"That would be telling..."
Dieter 2004-01-08 00:22:44
Catesby flashes back a similar grin.

"Let me guess, CIA...MI-6? They're recruiting some young stock these days. Usually yer run across dull 40-something men in expensive suits with inflated egos. Whoever yer working fer, I'll have to give them credit...but I digress. So, what's the plan from here on out?"

As Jess begins to speak, Catesby interrupts.

"Wait, let me have another guess. Gunship on its way... foot soldiers enclosing a perimeter around our location? I sort of thought it would end like this, but not so soon. What's on the bargaining table?"
Dieter 2004-01-08 00:32:50
An extensive examination of the bait truck's contents reveal a few dead/mostly dead/dying goons scattered about the crash site with the most interesting findings discovered in the cargo area.

Contents:

Three crates of cabbage...slightly bruised
Two 50-gallon barrels of vegetable oil...leaking about one quart a minute
Various crates of carrots and other assorted salad-making items.

...nothing illicit or under the category of "Weapons of Mass Destruction"