OOC 2

Dieter 2004-01-09 16:33:34
Once more into the breach...

Battlestations! I say we try and get as far away from that fight as we can. Our ship is no match for either navy.
Gatac 2004-01-09 18:12:14
Second here. Let them slag it out.

(We might want to come around for a salvage run later, though.)

Gatac
Dieter 2004-01-09 18:33:53
Erm, was there a reason (other than just along our flight path to meet Gulgo) that we were going past Sullust?

Or was it due to one those Imperial Interdictors thingies?
punkey 2004-01-09 18:38:49
Unless they managed to either a) cloak them or b) make them really damn small, there aren't any of them around. They're about 2/5-1/2 the size of a Star Destroyer, and as far as I can remember, their range wouldn't reach us if we were that far away from the battle, even if they were there.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-01-09 19:44:54
I'm not crazy! I mentioned Gulgo's lair was on Sullust back early on the first OOC thread.

Sullust is a planet honeycombed with tunnels (so think like the Martian cities in Total Recall), whose surface is moderately environmentally hazardous. The Sullustans are like Nien Nunb, vaguely mouse-like. It's one of the most recent "liberations" by the Rebellion.
Dieter 2004-01-09 19:57:55
Hmm, ok then. I say we all buckle in and have our fearless captain pilot us through this mess and down to planetside.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-01-09 20:14:59
No doubt this is a sort of obstacle course... question is, are you going to take pot-shots at anyone on the way in? Defend yourself if fired upon? Strafe the ISD? :)
Dieter 2004-01-09 20:17:02
I'd say we go full-defense on this one. One or two turbolasers could take us out.

We need to upgrade this heap the first opportunity we get.
CuteMotherFucker 2004-01-09 21:24:07
We were just begining to lose our enemies, it'll be a shame to gain new ones. Lets not get into the battle unless we absolutely have to.
CrazyIvan 2004-01-09 23:01:55
If that Star Destroyer wins, then Sullust might go back to the Empire long enough to make things difficult.

We could always accidentally vape a few TIEs as we scoot innocently past the scene.
Gatac 2004-01-09 23:08:46
A) Getting a few TIEs will hardly tip the battle. A few TIE Bombers, maybe.

B) We'd be inviting trouble openly. You don't fuck with a Star Destroyer unless you've either got some serious firepower or incredible agility. As of now, I know we don't have the former, and I'm not placing my bets on the latter.

I still say go away now, loot later. Hey, if the rebels win, we can still dock and offer our help.

Gatac
CrazyIvan 2004-01-09 23:41:35
A little bit can go a long way. We frag two TIEs that are chasing an X-Wing near the other frigate, it survives to stop a pair of TIE Bombers and goes on to torpedo the Star Destroyer's other shield generator. And besides, if the Mon Cal is still in good shape, it could trash a half-strength Star Destroyer on its own.
Dieter 2004-01-10 00:00:13
My vote is for blasting any TIEs that happen to get in our way or within range of our flight path to the surface.

We hates the Empire...hates it we do!
punkey 2004-01-10 06:36:10
Uh, excuse me? We're forgetting about the fact that if this is a battle where there's only one ISD around, it's trashed, and there's no other huge ISD-shaped debris field lying about, there sure as hell are reinforcements on the way. If it's a recent conquest, both teams are gonna have forces in-system, and both forces are probably converging on this site and possibly others right now. So the smartest thing to do right now, with the rusted-out space can that we're flying, is to find someplace nice and safe to lie low until we know who's the last one standing, preferably not a spaceport or anywhere else where the local governments probably change so often the officials have two sets of business cards.

(Edit: Damn, I should save that for the IC thread.)

(Edited by Punkey at 8:39 pm on Jan. 9, 2004)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-01-13 07:53:39
I hope I interpreted the morass of actions that got posted right - I need to know who's on the turrets and what you're doing?
CuteMotherFucker 2004-01-13 09:27:56
...we all die in a massive explosion with any of our surviving bits hurled onto the planet in deadly velocity?

Anyway, Mak's on whichever turret that wasn't occupied by 'Za. If the TIEs are in view, a scattered burst to force them an evasive maneuver. I want both of them not firing at us, and taking one out will motivate the other to go into direct combat.