OOC 2

Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-30 18:59:10
You know, that reeeally was pretty close. Much like fighting the fire at the very beginning of this game, Aurelia had to beat the "engine sabotage" by 8 points, and although there was a botch in the middle there, she got it before the TIEs could really take advantage of the deflectors being down.

Speaking of deflectors, they aren't just down. They're burnt out - I figured losing them would be better than losing speed or firepower, or God forbid, hull integrity. :)
fanchergw 2004-03-30 19:13:39
Nicely written closing post there, ADS. Had me on the edge of my seat.
Gatac 2004-03-30 19:25:43
Yay.

If you'll excuse me, I have some plants to set up in a cargo bay.

Gatac
CrazyIvan 2004-03-31 01:59:57
I'll do some less crash repair work...hopefully getting deflectors online.

Me and the dry dock have an appointment to play with the Chance.
Gatac 2004-03-31 12:37:49
Did you expect me to have a Force monk mind-control someone into suicide without repercussions?

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-31 16:07:10
Here's how I'd break it down, if ya'll were looking at your characters in the KotoR menu screen:

Arnae: Greyish-blue background, maybe some white peeking through the gray clouds.

'Za: Blood red background. :)

Mak: Probably right around that middle gray cloudy background.

Wayde: Grayish-red.

Aurelia: Pretty similar to Arnae - maybe more blue than gray clouds, though.

Erit: Previously solid blue (but not blue-white), has added some gray clouds into his background.

Of course, the only ones for whom it matters are Mak and Erit. :)
Gatac 2004-03-31 16:09:05
I plan on getting rid of some of those gray clouds again :)

Gatac
fanchergw 2004-03-31 17:10:09
It just so happens that 'Za looks good in red. Anyone bothering to look will notice that her fingernails are usually painted that color (blood red).
CuteMotherFucker 2004-03-31 17:48:39
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 4:09 pm on Mar. 31, 2004
I plan on getting rid of some of those gray clouds again :)

And I was going to relate to Erit during Mak's higher understanding of the force. Nevermind, then.

Mak is the sort of person who will feed on his emotions when using the Force, not being able to comprehend the whole no-passion-no-anger thing. But he still has a conscience. So on the moral scale, he's blueish-gray, while dark-pink on the Force'o'meter.

Anyway, I always felt the gray area is wider than just a middleway point between Light and Dark. Not locking your emotions in the basement, but keeping them with you - on a leash.

Also, I don't think it matters only if you're a Force "user". The whatever-nites (forgot how they're called) are in everything and everyone, right? So even for normal people, a nasty fella will "give you the creeps", and you get a sense of tranquility at a temple. I guess that's why they call it Force Awareness/Sensitivity, it means you're more finely tuned to it (not to mention having more... [er, as the Force is actually both Energy and Matter. I think I'm getting a headache]).
Gatac 2004-03-31 17:58:39
What? Midichlorians? Did somebody mention TPM? Rar! Maim! Rend! Destroy! Tear! Kill! Violate!

Er, yeah.

Gatac
Gatac 2004-03-31 19:09:27
Didn't you mean to say "Gatac gives me the shivers, at any and all times" ?

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-04-01 21:29:38
The Force surrounds and binds all living things, so yes, heavily "Dark Side" people might indeed give a Force-Sensitive person the willies. The thing is, no matter how many people 'Za might toss out the airlock or shoot in the back, she's not gonna get gray, pallid, and haggard like the Emperor, because she's not actively using the Force to DO all that stuff.

When Mak, for example, kills a busload of nuns, the Dark Side perks up and thinks, "hey, there's somebody I can use, hey kid, want some candy?"
Dieter 2004-04-02 05:06:22
Hey, I thought we were already there!

Edited for lack of wanting to space myself.

New Aspect for Wayde:

Coolness Under Fire
CuteMotherFucker 2004-04-02 11:48:42
Any idea how long are we gonna be there? It's time for Mak to get some basic training, enough to grasp the concept.
fanchergw 2004-04-02 17:15:32
Nice response in the game thread, CMF!

Jileeza's new Aspect: Persuasive - something she probably should have had to start with.