OOC: Something Completely Different/Red Dawn

Dieter 2007-01-19 19:44:12
Is the yacht still spaceworthy or should I be looking for another ride off the planet?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-01-19 20:07:34
The Dargon remains at 7/8 Wounds, but if it takes any more hits, regardless of wounds taken, it's dropping to a d6 Body. The superstructure just can't take the damage.

Braxis is hurting, but his ship is a tough nut to crack. No shields, moderate hull damage, some superstructure damage.

Murdoch's Nubian yacht is messed all to hell. No shields, and 4/8 Wounds. It'll get you into orbit and hyperspace still. The engines still have full power, you're just... fragile.

Cat's V-Wing simply lost its shields. Unfortunately, the Cloakshapes were on fire this round.

There's one AA gun left.

Ty's fighter has 3/6 Wounds left, and quarter shields.

EDIT: And thanks, Gatty!
Dieter 2007-01-19 20:10:28
admiralducksauce wrote:

Murdoch's Nubian yacht is messed all to hell. No shields, and 4/8 Wounds. It'll get you into orbit and hyperspace still. The engines still have full power, you're just... fragile.

On that note, I'm flying this heap to the nearest spaceport to trade it in on something that is going to survive leaving atmo.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-01-19 20:11:46
...And I forgot to add, the tower (and its one lonely turbolaser) are at d6 range now. Two rounds to impact.

EDIT: Initiative would be nice as well. Duh. :)

7. Mandall
7. Murdoch
7. Ganet
7. Ty
4. Calsera
2. Braxis
1. Cloakshapes
1. Y-Wing
1. Turbolaser

What is it with my rolling simultaneous initiatives for half the group? Shit, I just realized ALL you guys go first. Oh dear.
Gatac 2007-01-19 20:18:04
Keepin' on Braxis. If I do manage to kill him, helping Calsera is the next order of business.

Gatac
fanchergw 2007-01-19 20:31:24
Calsera will press back in her seat as though trying to hide from the sparks spraying across her control panel. Eventually, they subside and she gets back to business.

Another round of cat-and-mouse with the Cloakshapes. Only question: who's the cat and who's the mouse..?

I'm with Gatty. Hella fun battle!
e of pi 2007-01-19 23:56:52
I agree with Gatac about this run. I'm on the edge of my seat here, and I'd be chewing my nails except I've already bitten them down to nubs. I'm using my initiative for Ty's fighter this turn. Here's the rundown with us so far, and sugestions on the others.

Murdoch: Braxis
Mandall: Braxis (Helping Calsera if Murdoch succeeds right off the bat)
Calsera: Cloakshapes
Ganet: Turret gun
Ty: Once at the turret gun (if Ganet misses), then at the last Y-wing.

Also, may I say that this dogfight would, in my opinion, make a great picture? Big, beaten-up, partially flaming bulk freighter plowing through the center of the piece (at the viewer?), little fighter duels going on around it? Seems like something off the cover of one of the X-wing books.
Dieter 2007-01-20 03:20:20
Question:

What's the likelyhood of Murdoch surviving bailing out of the Yacht (escape pod?) if he were to say....make a final approach on the Spire as well? :roll:
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-01-22 01:07:37
Quite honestly, you don't want to kamikaze the spire with the yacht as well. Its hyperdrive still works, you can get out of there and fix it for later. If you REALLY want to drive the ship into something, though, yeah, I mean, escape pods'll get MDK out to safety.
Dieter 2007-01-22 16:03:26
admiralducksauce wrote:

Quite honestly, you don't want to kamikaze the spire with the yacht as well. Its hyperdrive still works, you can get out of there and fix it for later. If you REALLY want to drive the ship into something, though, yeah, I mean, escape pods'll get MDK out to safety.

On that note, I guess MDK will make for open space and powering up the yacht's hyperdrive.
e of pi 2007-01-22 16:54:21
This round? We have the advantage, we should make use of it while we can...
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-01-22 17:01:10
Mandall's at 5/6 Wounds, 2/8 shields. The Dragon is at d4 Range - even if it was destroyed now, it would still deal massive damage to Naga's building and the surrounding area.

Braxis's superstructure has taken another hit, and he's taken some more Wound damage. He's worse off than the Dragon, and that's pretty bad. :)

10. Braxis
9. Calsera
7. Ty
7. Mandall
5. 1 Cloakshape
3. Ganet
2. MDK
1. Naga the Hutt dies screaming
fanchergw 2007-01-22 17:09:32
Screw the last Cloakshape. Cat's going after Braxis with everything she's got, plus the kitchen sink. He'll die as surely as his boss Naga, if she has anything to say about it.
Gatac 2007-01-22 17:11:42
I've killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point, but I have only one more. The last one. The one I'm flying towards right now. The only one left. And when I come in for my next pass, I am gonna kill Braxis.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-01-22 17:11:52
I figure, the bad guys are like, "We still got a chance... still got a chance... still got a chance... Holy shit where'd our guys go!? Super Run Away!"
fanchergw 2007-01-22 17:14:36
Gatac wrote:

I've killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point, but I have only one more. The last one. The one I'm flying towards right now. The only one left. And when I come in for my next pass, I am gonna kill Braxis.

Gatac

Not if Cat gets him first... :wink:
Gatac 2007-01-22 17:15:50
Well, it's become a tradition that Calsera punks Mandall's kills after he softens them up, so we'll see how the dice fall.

I do think he pulled his weight here, though.

Gatac
fanchergw 2007-01-22 17:35:13
Gatac wrote:

Well, it's become a tradition that Calsera punks Mandall's kills after he softens them up, so we'll see how the dice fall.

Well, she is a feline, after all; what do you expect? Though she's certainly gotten plenty of kills on her own as well.
Quote:

I do think he pulled his weight here, though.

No argument there.