Cloak & Broadsword - Chapter 1: Taking the fight to the enem

Dieter 2004-01-21 14:43:44
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 3:51 am on Jan. 21, 2004
"I'll go. Tell me how to recognise your contact."

You and sister go to airport gate. Ask for "Sergei", gate attendant will then show you to plane.

*Click*
Gatac 2004-01-21 14:50:09
Jess clicks the phone shut, then turns to Ayumi.

"They want us both."

As she gesticulates wildly with her left hand and talks about how the whole situation sucks, her mostly unmoving right hand signals a very useful team-internal code...

Suspect external surveillance.

She then walks over to the thankfully windowless second bathroom.
Dieter 2004-01-21 16:16:22
Jess rings up Agency HQ and appraises the officer on duty of the situation.

-Standby, patching you through to Nightengale.

-Agent Hummingbird, I cannot authorize this misappropriation of Agency hardware. Hold on...

The line goes static for a few seconds then comes back clear.

Still there? Ok, now that I've issued the standard disclaimer, we can talk. This is an unused, emergency line which is not looped back to the Agency mainframe. While I cannot -Officially- authorize the operation, I can empathize with you and Agent Ibis. Forward to me -directly-, not to Q-Branch, your needs and I'll see about getting them delivered. I must warn you, since you are operating outside Agency boundaries, you won't have the immediate access to our resources that you have enjoyed in the past...
Gatac 2004-01-21 16:43:28
"I do not require additional equipment, I merely need safe transport for my gear. My gun was just accurized, and I'd hate to lose it."
Dieter 2004-01-21 16:59:42
Understood. Your team will no doubt be following you during this endeavor. I'll see what I can arrange. Have them contact me directly.
Dieter 2004-01-22 09:27:48
"Jess." Ayumi puts her hand on Jess' arm. "Thank you." Her face is calm, but there is both fear and gratitude in her eyes.
Gatac 2004-01-22 11:21:50
Jess puts up a rough facsimile of a smile, but her eyes speak a different language.

Even the spy game has rules. They break the rules, I break *them*.