Jade Imperium - OOC 8

Dieter 2008-05-20 16:11:50
ADS is there more that one tech in the Gate Room. Your last storyline post suggests that but your last OOC posts refers to them in the plural:

1. Deal with the [color=red:72ae6f671e]technicians[/color] in the Gate control room (where you are now), plus the (at least) two Turai standing guard outside if need be.

My plan is to stay as long as I can in the Gate control room formulating a way to remotely activate the controls. When the jig is up, I'll have some snappy distraction before Stingering the tech.

Question, could the guards outside hear the Stinger go off?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-05-20 17:21:26
From my first description a page back:
Quote:

The armored Imperial types a few glyphs into the panel and the door cycles open, revealing a circular split-level control room about 20 meters across. A dazzling array of holographics show the contents of the Gate room rendered in 360 degrees and three dimensions. Large blank screens would normally have an ever-shifting list of incoming and outgoing portals. Of the [color=red:132419329a]six technicians[/color] in here, only one looks up at Max's entrance.

There are 6 techs. Only one of them is bothering to talk to you. Their day thus far appears to be:

1. Check to see if anyone is trying to dial the Aikoro Gate. If no, go to 1. If yes, go to 2.
2. Push big red "gate abort" button. Go to 1.

You don't just have a stinger, either.
Beam Rifle + 2 spare barrels, IFF-inactive
SCAR-H 141/150
Colt M1911 16/21
PB6P9 silenced 9mm handgun 4/8
3 frag grenades
Stinger

The Turai outside would hear every one of those (including the screams from wounded/assaulted techs) except for the silenced 9mm, but you only have 4 shots.
Gatac 2008-05-20 18:00:11
Remember, kids, reload your guns in between battles.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-05-20 18:21:24
I assume everyone tops off their mags during any downtime. Max's problem is that he only HAS 4 shots for that pistol and nobody else on the team is carrying a 9mm that he could top off with. It's all .45 or 7.62mm. He took it off a dead bounty hunter and ran for an escape vehicle, not bothering to roll the guys for all their stuff 'cause there were cops on the way.
Gatac 2008-05-20 18:40:15
Ah, right. Note to self, bring suppressors for the .45 pistols next time.

Gatac
e of pi 2008-05-21 07:45:58
By the way, Gatac?

The new qoute in your sig?

Most awesome sig-quote ever. It not only wins the intarwebz, it wins the election.
Gatac 2008-05-21 16:12:35
Yeah, the original quote from Penny Arcade was one of my favorites and of course somebody had to rewrite it as GObama.

Gatac
Dieter 2008-05-21 18:22:39
admiralducksauce wrote:

From my first description a page back:

Quote:

The armored Imperial types a few glyphs into the panel and the door cycles open, revealing a circular split-level control room about 20 meters across. A dazzling array of holographics show the contents of the Gate room rendered in 360 degrees and three dimensions. Large blank screens would normally have an ever-shifting list of incoming and outgoing portals. Of the [color=red:f42cbfb806]six technicians[/color] in here, only one looks up at Max's entrance.

There are 6 techs. Only one of them is bothering to talk to you. Their day thus far appears to be:

1. Check to see if anyone is trying to dial the Aikoro Gate. If no, go to 1. If yes, go to 2.
2. Push big red "gate abort" button. Go to 1.

You don't just have a stinger, either.
Beam Rifle + 2 spare barrels, IFF-inactive
SCAR-H 141/150
Colt M1911 16/21
PB6P9 silenced 9mm handgun 4/8
3 frag grenades
Stinger

The Turai outside would hear every one of those (including the screams from wounded/assaulted techs) except for the silenced 9mm, but you only have 4 shots.

Here goes everything.

Ok, the plan is thus.

1) Using the PB6P9, I splorch the tech manning the Big Red Abort Button console.
2) Splorch the next closest tech, saying the next person who speaks eats the next bullet.

These being techs not soldiers, I'll assume they'll comply with just about anything I say. Anyone doesn't gets splorched. I tie them up and gag them.

3) Disable the BRAB feature, then program an autoexec command to open the Gate to a Backwater gate world. If possible, I'd also like to disable the Gate command consoles so no one can follow me.

4) Leave Gate Control Room nonchalantly as possible.

5) Beat feet to the Gate, toughbook already programmed for the autoexec command with the IFF jammer minimized on the desktop.

6) Get the fuck off the planet.

7) Profit!

Now, I don't assume I'll get past #1 without something going horribly wrong. If that is the case, I'm consulting the annuls of Fightgar Killface and blasting my way out.
Dieter 2008-05-23 22:30:53
Wait, so the guards could see everything that went down? It was my impression that the Control Room was not visable from the guards outside.

Crap.
punkey 2008-05-25 07:25:26
Oh, Goddamnit. Can we get a rewind? I spent Thursday and Friday dealing with a major college-related crisis and completely missed ADS's last two posts with Swims.

(Edit: There, posted. Saved the old stuff in case you decide the other way. Still, I think that Davis would notice being tossed around like a rag doll and respond to that. Plus, Hugh doesn't enter until after that, so no one's getting stepped on.)
Gatac 2008-05-25 07:28:31
Whatever, I'm fine with playing it like we just didn't listen to Swims over our argument.

Gatac
e of pi 2008-05-27 07:57:55
What's our plan after we blow up the ship? Go to ground for a few weeks, with the aid of the locals, then skip the plot ahead to when we leave and things get interesting again?