Jade Imperium - OOC 9

Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-02-17 23:11:27
e of pi wrote:

Ummm...while Max is at work figuring out Earth's Gateship, did we ever figure out where "our" Gateship was headed? I believe the idea of checking so we could slow it down and use its space Gate as a "safe harbor" for fleet building was tossed around a bit, but surely our techs would have checked its final destination to see if it was anything useful first.

I'm not entirely sure, but I want to say it was 80 light years from its destination, which according to telescopes should be a possibly habitatable planet.
Dieter 2009-02-18 20:38:01
Since I'm right next to the conduits, is there a way I can splice into the data stream without actually getting to an interface terminal? In layman's terms, can I tap the telephone by climbing the nearest telephone pole?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-02-19 03:10:30
Yes, but you would get the encrypted hoojiwhatsits being sent back and forth, not the authorization to read it. You can try to crack the encryption, of course - if I roll a 1 or something some idiot Imperial sent a coworker the equivalent of a forgotten password over email. :)

Failure on the other hand ranges from "takes too long and the guy leaves/shift change/encryption key changes" to "their webs are down and they know it's your fault".
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-02-20 01:53:31
Nobody took wounds this time (except for bad guys).

Initiative:

Angel 8
Davis, Arketta 4
Luis, Angel, Swims 2
Caretakers, Ngawai 1

Luis, you may move out of melee if you like. Angel, the Avatar kept you in melee last round but it'll let you away this time because it's going to go kill Arketta and she's over in the auditorium seats. :) Swims wants to continue melee with it, so he's going to try to stop the machine from moving.
punkey 2009-02-20 22:32:52
Half-clip this time, sir. Gotta save some love for the Avatar.
CrazyIvan 2009-02-21 19:52:06
Gonna keep pushing myself backwards with my legs, and fire anything left in my damned gun.

I'd prefer Arketta alive.
punkey 2009-02-23 01:07:49
Guess not! I've got a full clip of 7.62x51mm armor-piercing love for our Caretaker friend!
e of pi 2009-02-23 02:24:24
Aren't I out of ammo again? Half a clip for the Whirr the first time, he ducks it, then I got him again the same way and it stuck? And if I've now used up two, how many do I have left?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-02-23 05:05:33
How many clips you have? I'd say you've got 6 left - enough to get through some hairy shit but not so much that it'd be obvious while wearing Turai armor.
e of pi 2009-02-23 05:35:06
admiralducksauce wrote:

How many clips you have? I'd say you've got 6 left - enough to get through some hairy shit but not so much that it'd be obvious while wearing Turai armor.

6 clips--also known as "no need to worry about ammo just yet". Putting in a new one and finishing this sucker off with a double-tap (not blowing ammo I don't have to). Are the only guys left mine and the seriously-effed-up pillar guy Punkey's worrying about?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-02-23 19:13:59
Hugh is completely unhurt by the 9mm. Simply awful. :) Greene looks like maybe he might have taken 1-2 points of Shock, let's say. :)
Gatac 2009-02-23 19:36:44
I'll celebrate my apparent bulletproofness by modifying the situation in a way that does not require me to test it further.
Dieter 2009-02-24 18:06:59
admiralducksauce wrote:

Yes, but you would get the encrypted hoojiwhatsits being sent back and forth, not the authorization to read it. You can try to crack the encryption, of course - if I roll a 1 or something some idiot Imperial sent a coworker the equivalent of a forgotten password over email. :)

Failure on the other hand ranges from "takes too long and the guy leaves/shift change/encryption key changes" to "their webs are down and they know it's your fault".

Let's try and crack the encryption.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-02-25 06:11:25
Hugh and Semo both have their respective initiatives. Semo's at 9/10 Wounds, 11/18 Shock. These Turai are nigh-berserk - under attack by an organized foe, in a crumbling building they thought was a fortress, now ambushed by what they thought were their own people, cut off from any help.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-03-02 18:56:38
Max failed the remote hack by 1, so there's no alarm or anything, you just can't get to the goodies while sitting safe in a vent shaft. :)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-03-02 19:36:46
Hugh's at 6/6 Wounds, 5/14 Shock. Battered, bruised, likely bleeding, but nothing worse than Indiana Jones gets. :)
Dieter 2009-03-04 17:26:46
admiralducksauce wrote:

At least he has another choice now; go Die Hard on this Imperial and use his logged in status, or wait until the poor sucker leaves and try to hack in through the terminal he was using.

...and that's when I hit 'em.

I'm going to approach in full armor, letting the guy's guard down and then waylay him with a rifle butt to the head.