Jade Imperium - Interlude

punkey 2024-05-02 08:38:50
Erika takes a swig of beer. "So, a post-scarcity world of ultra rich haves and struggling have nots, obsessed with celebrity gossip and rumor, where one wrong move could have us both killed." She takes another drink. "Are you sure we're not just moving to Manhattan?"
CrazyIvan 2024-05-03 09:01:00
Angel chuckles, and then takes a drink himself.

"Everyone is way more tan."

Setting the bottle down, he seals up the last box he's been packing. "Alright...that's that."
e of pi 2024-05-14 03:39:48
"As long as you're busy in the hangar and orbitals...you might not know you've left home," Luis says.
punkey 2024-05-16 09:22:02
"Yep." Angel can tell that despite the brave face Erika is putting on - and it is a very brave face - she's nervous about moving to a place where she could, in theory, be arrested, tortured, and executed for simply being in. "That is that. The Bashakra'i movers that came to my place were very polite, and everything I'm bringing is in storage by the gateport. The skimmer will be here in a half-hour once we call for it." She raises her bottle. "Just in time to finish these, I think."

---

"That is good," Yisai says. "I trust the Kansatai and Turai to keep my Interceptors safe, so they can trust us to keep them safe from the skies. And...we should trust Miss Barnes to keep us safe from the Narsai'i, I suppose?"