Q-Branch - Your new telephone. Talk here.....listen here.

threadbare 2002-11-12 06:22:26
Maybe he could get some sort of shotgun with a detachable stock and barrel, which would give him a better excuse than "I found it this way."

Okay, I think I'm going to put 4 GP into an armored tux with taser cufflinks, starlight sunglasses, and a tracking business card. The other two I cede to ADS for bad-ass vehicle purposes(which, since he's tricking it out, actually acts as 4).

Also a good idea for someone intending to break in and rummage thru Stewart's stuff might be memory paper.

(Edited by Threadbare at 12:27 am on Nov. 12, 2002)
threadbare 2002-11-12 07:56:44
So wait, the shotgun can still fit in the case, even if it's not sawed-off? Whatever is fine. Maybe I should rededicate to less shooty-shooty.

Scratch the faceprint lenses, those 3 GP go to the vehicle.
Dieter 2002-11-12 17:17:23
Quote:

Quote: from Infested Paladin on 12:56 am on Nov. 12, 2002
So wait, the shotgun can still fit in the case, even if it's not sawed-off? Whatever is fine. Maybe I should rededicate to less shooty-shooty.

Scratch the faceprint lenses, those 3 GP go to the vehicle.

What case? Am I missing something?

The best you can do is is a Mossberg 590. It's not exactly compact, but a it's small than your average hunting shotgun.
CrazyIvan 2002-11-13 03:42:36
Requesting equipment from the mobile Q-branch (I assume it was requesting and not the package I ordered...heh...although a hotel mini-bar with a 9mm would be something to see...) as previously stated on the character sheet I nolonger have access to, until my laptop gets back from the shop.

Additionally, going to request a red filter for the flashlight...they run about $5 at astronomy stores, which I'm fine with paying out of mission expenses....presuming I get any?
threadbare 2002-11-13 07:42:03
The case in question is the standard Agency attache.

Never mind the attache case. I'll take an explosive pen (1 BP, acts as flash grenade), instead. The shotty'll just go in the trunk.
CrazyIvan 2002-11-14 04:18:46
*looks confused*

Alright, my room is the same as the other agents, beings that I arrived while they were all out on the town.

I've come to the conclusion, as stated above, that by "mobile Q-branch" you mean all the various stuff our friendly neighborhood spy team has stashed in their room. The really important thing is:

Is my stuff there?
Gatac 2002-11-15 20:45:57
I'd like the "light" variety of the SMG case: a handbag that can propel the Colt into my hands. Those who've ever seen "A Kite" know what I mean, just with a less high-tech look.

Or maybe that reference just confused those who don't know that one obscure anime.

Gatac
Dieter 2002-11-15 20:48:44
Confused...but if you can post a picture of what the heck you are talking about (i.e "kite"), we'll see.
Gatac 2002-11-15 20:53:44
The story in "A Kite" basically centered about two teenage assassins who were actually hired by the cop who was chasing them. As they fall in love, the boy is killed by an even younger assasin working for the same cop. What's important here is the suitcase the kids have. The girl applies pressure to a part of the handle, and a gun is propelled out of the side of it - the assasin catches it, and quickly dispatches her victim with it.

Or for a better analogy, think of the gun rigs of Rally Vincent from Gunsmith Cats, only worked into a handbag. Press the handle with the left hand, free the gun with the right one and start blasting.

Gatac
Dieter 2002-11-15 21:12:25
A spring-loaded purse holster? Yeah...sure. It will cost you 2GP.

It's fairly rudimentary, but it's not a stock item.
Dieter 2003-01-07 16:56:16
Well, I'd like riot gear and M4s for the entire team. If that's not doable, then I'd like to go with shotguns and rifles, burst-capable obviously preferred, but semiauto would work too.
Dieter 2003-01-07 18:03:44
After some wheeling/dealing Artis was able to procure the following:

Remington M700 (2)
Damage: 2d10
Range: 80
Ammo: 5 round mag.

Mossberg M500 (3)
Damage: 4d4
Range: 25
Ammo: 5+1

100 rounds/shells for each type.
CrazyIvan 2003-01-07 23:05:34
I was Procuring them with the idea that the two Soldiers would have the rifles, and the shotguns would go to everyone else. Dave suggested that maybe Jess hanging back and providing rifle fire might work too, but we don't even know where we're going yet, just that we had some downtime and I didn't want to face a riot squad again while armed with only pistols. :)
threadbare 2003-01-08 01:02:00
especially since the undercover phase is mostly over and the "shoot at assualt teams from behind cover" phase is probably next.
Gatac 2003-01-08 07:26:18
Who said anything about cover ? Chances are, they'll surprise us in the desert and blow our cars to smithereens.

Gatac