Q-Branch - Your new telephone. Talk here.....listen here.

Dieter 2003-01-08 08:58:40
Whatever, man. I just want to shoot something, even if it does shoot back.

I can use my Speed Trigger feet with the sniper rifle, right?
Dieter 2003-01-08 15:22:04
Speed Trigger would pretty much defeat the purpose of using a rifle (braced and aimed shots)...but yeah, you can use it.
Dieter 2003-01-08 22:08:02
If it's not too late, could I requisition a Gadget watch with the memory cache option, and a personalised fighting knife?
Dieter 2003-01-08 22:15:15
Since it has no real bearing on the situation at hand...sure.
Gatac 2003-02-27 23:44:03
Now with the gadget list of the Player's Manual at my disposal, I've been paying serious mind to getting one of those "implant" gadgets. Particularly the larynx one. Imitate 10 different voices pretty much perfectly - that's gotta be one of the handier gadgets for telephone work and establishing a cover identity.

Since I never seem to use the gadgets I do requisition, I'll see whether the next mission leaves me enough gadget points and recovery time.

On the other hand, Jess would probably be a bit sentimental about that - it sounded in the PM like it was something of a permanent gadget to have. What I'm asking, could that thing be removed and the original state of affairs be restored ? I don't think Jess wants to spend her retirement running around having the batteries replaced every year.

Gatac
CrazyIvan 2003-03-14 04:51:58
We really, desperately need heavier firepower.

An RPG-7 and an assualt rifle kind of heavier firepower. We've been consistantly undergunned, and whoever we're up against are quite clearly in the big leagues.
Dieter 2003-03-14 15:36:34
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 4:44 pm on Feb. 27, 2003
Now with the gadget list of the Player's Manual at my disposal, I've been paying serious mind to getting one of those "implant" gadgets. Particularly the larynx one. Imitate 10 different voices pretty much perfectly - that's gotta be one of the handier gadgets for telephone work and establishing a cover identity.

Since I never seem to use the gadgets I do requisition, I'll see whether the next mission leaves me enough gadget points and recovery time.

On the other hand, Jess would probably be a bit sentimental about that - it sounded in the PM like it was something of a permanent gadget to have. What I'm asking, could that thing be removed and the original state of affairs be restored ? I don't think Jess wants to spend her retirement running around having the batteries replaced every year.

Gatac

Well, that's the real trick of it. From what I've read in the Player's Manual, it's permanent since your original larynx is cut out and the artificial one used as its replacement. Also, I've heard and read that any operation involving one's larynx is a touchy subject.

Sorry.
Gatac 2003-03-14 16:36:58
Maybe we should then resort to a classic contrivance - some accident that requires the larynx to be replaced ?

Gatac
Dieter 2003-03-14 16:47:32
They're always the "tragic boating accident" scenario that could have happened on your 6-month vacation.
CrazyIvan 2003-03-15 09:20:45
Not so sure about an MG, as they're infantry support weapons, and I'd at like to at least PRETEND we won't need something like that.

But I think a scoped, tripod assualt rifle and some aggressive explosives would be a drastic increase in our raw fire power. I mean, we haven't really used anything larger than a MP5 for a sustained period of time.
CrazyIvan 2003-03-15 23:19:54
Well, Artis usually has some kind of HMG mounted on the car. Personal AR's for everyone with a decent BAB might be in order, though.

Hey Dieter, how much automatic mayhem can I dish out with dual Glock 18's? They're notorious in d20 Modern as the only Small weapon that can fire on full-auto.
CrazyIvan 2003-03-16 02:30:10
You might also check out the Stechkin, the Skorpion, and not the Beretta 93r, but I believe the Beretta M1953 or something like that was also full-auto.
Dieter 2003-03-16 05:10:04
Being you're dealing with NATO now, you're probably best off with Beretta-93s (14BP each).

(Edited by Dieter at 10:15 pm on Mar. 15, 2003)
Dieter 2003-03-16 05:59:49
The Beretta's can only fire bursts. I already have Speed Trigger, so there's no point in that. I'm asking if there's any way I can use autofire or strafe with two guns simultaneously.
Dieter 2003-03-16 06:11:03
I checked the MAG. You can strafe with the Glock-18, so if you had two of those...yeah you can do that.

Keep in mind a Glock-18 is 21BP and is very restricted as far as keeping them as a personal weapon. I'd say it's not going to be a standard sidearm, but you can get them during the "Gearing Up" phase of the mission.
CrazyIvan 2003-03-16 08:03:16
Dieter, I'm away from my Spycraft books right now, but needless to say, I'm going to need to do some Budget-Fu.

Anyway a AUG or L85 might find its way to Brian? That and my personal NATO 9mm will do me just fine I think. We've been using the MP5s as light heavy-artillery.
CrazyIvan 2003-03-16 08:27:34
Actually, I wasn't being serious about that. The coolness factor is high, but the numbers are against it.

I'll keep the possibility filed away, though.
threadbare 2003-03-16 08:53:27
hey dere. I have obtained the core book (don't ask me how, hush hush, John Ashcroft or Metallica might be watching). And I'm thinking about a character. I'm not sure whether I should go Soldier 3/Fixer 2, or Soldier 5. As IP has the current soldier, I'd like to do what supports the team.

Also, the core book didn't have anything on escrima sticks. Would you use them with the same basic rules as nunchuckas, or as club attacks all by their own?
Dieter 2003-03-17 15:35:16
A soldier/fixer would be a great utility character. They would have a good BAB plus the sneak attack ability.