OOC: XIII - Thirteen...thirteen...thirteen steps.

CrazyIvan 2004-09-11 06:34:36
Do the goon a favor...quick, quiet and right to the head.

I'm not sure if its worth bothering setting the place alight. This little adventure will certainly attract the attention of the Carabinieri, and it's really not worth covering up.

I mean, we had a gunbattle, drove a car loaded with explosives through the door, drove *another* car through the house, blew the hell out of a helocopter and had a missile take out the Mustang.

Gonna have to be one hell of a fire to cover that up. If possible, doctoring it up like a mob thing would be good though.
Dieter 2004-09-13 18:24:18
Are you putting the goon down or moving to restrain the two pilots?
CrazyIvan 2004-09-13 18:36:20
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 11:24 am on Sep. 13, 2004
Are you putting the goon down or moving to restrain the two pilots?

Putting the goon down, but positioning myself in such a way that, should the pilots forget that we just smashed their buddies, its a simple matter to remind them
CrazyIvan 2004-09-15 15:47:10
Uh oh!

OK, I'm going to fire a narrow burst into one of those guys and then take full cover. I'm fairly sure the gunshots are going to do all the teammate-alerting I need, but I'll shout out "Two more!" as I'm diving for cover. :)
Gatac 2004-09-15 15:59:27
This mission is looking more and more like a total fuckup of Vegas proportions. Nice save on the heli, but I don't think R&D likes the frequency we go through highly gadgetised cars.

Gatac
Gatac 2004-09-15 16:24:23
Vegas wasn't a fuckup. That was standard operating procedure. Spy vehicles are designed to be destroyed during the course of a mission. Admittedly, the whole "one teammate captured and two seriously wounded" isn't so hot, but hey - in Vegas we lost two guys and a third was sent to a desk job.
Dieter 2004-09-15 16:26:59
From Brian's perspective, he just saw Goose pop up around the helicopter's cockpit and fire off a short burst. He then sees the pilots make a run for it, disappearing around the far side of the chopper.

Artis is currently making the most of the heavy fusilage's cover from return fire. From his current position, Brian does NOT have a clear shot on any of the bad guys.
CrazyIvan 2004-09-15 19:01:44
Well then we're going to have to move Brian's position :)

Gun up, low crouch run around to where I'll be able to get a good shot, hopefully from an unexpected angle.
Dieter 2004-09-15 20:22:58
What a mess.

Situation update:

-Brian took 15 dmg. He's also stunned for one round.
-Artis managed (assisted by action dice) to evade the blast entirely. He's currently doing his best osterich impression.
-The chopper is toast. Add it to the smoking wreckage on the battlefield.
CrazyIvan 2004-09-16 01:48:09
Sweet baby Jesus...as soon as my ears stop ringing, it's going to be killing in the most rapid way possible, followed by getting the heck out of dodge.

The only way to salvage this day is a hot shower and a beer.
threadbare 2004-09-16 18:38:20
Carla will cuss a blue streak. She did learn most of her english from Marines, after all.
Dieter 2004-09-17 15:11:46
Artis is the only one currently not picking shrapnel out of himself, what would the Gooseman like to do?
Dieter 2004-09-17 16:10:10
Sneak around using the debris and smoke from the blast and flank them (move silently), sticking to cover and hopefully setting up either a good firing angle for myself or Brian when he gets back into it. If I have actions left after doing so, then a narrow burst if I have them flanked/surprised, or a wide burst if not.
Dieter 2004-09-17 19:05:57
Adam, you're out of action dice. But you did evade two explosions in the process. ;)
Gatac 2004-09-17 20:27:42
Does that mean I've got her flanked between moi and Brian? Go Sneak Attack Extreme Burst!
Gatac 2004-09-17 21:13:27
Depends on how close you are. If Brian's within 20 feet of her and Art's within 15 feet of her, then yes, you should have the bitch flanked. (The formula being maximum distance in squares = Dex mod.)

(Spycraft Errata 1.6, pg. 21)

Gatac
Dieter 2004-09-17 21:24:54
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 3:13 pm on Sep. 17, 2004
Depends on how close you are. If Brian's within 20 feet of her and Art's within 15 feet of her, then yes, you should have the bitch flanked. (The formula being maximum distance in squares = Dex mod.)

(Spycraft Errata 1.6, pg. 21)

Gatac

Then no, Artis can't.

He CAN however:

-Spend half an action to manuever into flanking position and getting off one burst shot.
-Stay in his current position and get off two burst shots.